Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
|The Adventures of K9 and Other Mechanical Creatures|
|Written by:||Terry Nation|
|Release date:||25 September 1979|
|Format:||Paperback, 96 pages|
Publisher's summary Edit
This is the Doctor.
Here's a book all about my faithful friend, K9.
As you know, K9 is a kind of robot dog – though he'd sooner be described as a completely-mobile, self-powered computer with multi-sensory circuits and built-in defensive capabilities!
I'll also be telling you about some other amazing mechanical creatures I've encountered on my travels through Space and Time-some have been surprisingly friendly, but others were very dangerous indeed ...
Subject matter Edit
- The first half of the book covers K9's travels with the Doctor from The Invisible Enemy through the end of the Key to Time story The Armageddon Factor.
- The second looks at other mechanical marvels!
- Also included are many quizzes and games (25 pages).
Notable features Edit
- Cross-sectional illustration of K9
- Two page copy and cut-out, make your own K9.
- Full-page black and white photography
- With a cover (and internal illustrations) by Andrew Skilleter, this trade paperback sized book from Target Books was similar in style and appearance to Terry Nation's Dalek Special. It was priced 85p (UK).