The Adventuress of Henrietta Street was the fifty-first novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Lawrence Miles. It featured the Eighth Doctor, Fitz Kreiner and Anji Kapoor. This novel marks Sabbath's first "official" appearance in a novel.
Publisher's summary Edit
On February 9, 1783, a funeral was held in the tunnels at the dead heart of London. It was the funeral of a warrior and a conjurer, a paladin and an oracle, the last of an ancient breed who'd once stood between the Earth and the bloodiest of its nightmares.
In the year leading up to that funeral, something raw and primal ate its way through human society, from the streets of pre-Revolutionary Paris to the slave-states of America. Something that only the eighteenth century could have summoned, and against which the only line of defence was a bordello in Covent Garden.
And then there was Scarlette's accomplice, the "elemental champion" who stood alongside her in the final battle. The one they called the Doctor.
to be added
- The Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Anji Kapoor
- Juliette Vierge
- Lisa-Beth Lachlan
- Katchka Nakhova
- Rebecca Macardle
- Tula Lui
- Man with the Rosette
- Nie Who
- Anne-Belle Paley
- Charles Fox
- Charles Greville
- Emily Hart
- King of Beasts
- Sabbath removes the Doctor's second heart.
- This novel departs from the "normal" novel style in that it is told as a non-fiction / historical novel.
- What is suggested as the remains of Gallifrey is seen in this novel.
- The novel saw Lawrence Miles' return to writing Doctor Who novels following a well-publicised online "resignation" in August 1999. It is his last Doctor Who novel to date, however, as he went on to writing Faction Paradox works for other publishers and other projects.
- There is a character referred to only as Man with the Rosette. In Lance Parkin's AHistory, Parkin acknowledges that Lawrence Miles intended the Man with the Rosette to be the Master. He is present at the Doctor's wedding; the Doctor's only family. He has no beard because the Doctor grows one, wears all black, apart from a blue and white rosette on his lapel and refuses to fight the Doctor on the grounds that there are only four Time Lords left in the Universe.
- Sabbath continues to turn up in novels (though not always the main "villain") including PROSE: Anachrophobia, History 101, Time Zero, The Last Resort.
- The Man with the Rosette is next seen in The Gallifrey Chronicles.
- Mary Culver appears alongside Sabbath in AUDIO: Sabbath Dei and AUDIO: In the Year of the Cat.
- The Mayakai reappear alongside Sabbath in COMIC: Political Animals and COMIC: Bêtes Noires & Dark Horses.
- The Hellfire Club appears also in AUDIO: Minuet in Hell.
- The Doctor mentions the worlds of Ceres Alpha (PROSE: Dark Progeny) and one where faerie-tales come true. (PROSE: Grimm Reality)
- Fitz recovers a wheelchair from the TARDIS. (TV: Castrovalva)
- The Adventuress of Henrietta Street at the Faction Paradox wiki
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street