|Main setting:||Germany, January 1933|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Jim Hamilton/Toby Hrycek-Robinson|
|Sound:||Jim Hamilton/Toby Hrycek-Robinson|
|Read by:||Carole Ann Ford|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||August 2013|
|Format:||2 Parts, 1 CD|
|The Companion Chronicles|
Publisher's summary Edit
Some of the greatest scientific minds are gathering here: Einstein, Heisenberg, Planck, Schrödinger, Wigner. The people who will build the future of planet Earth.
Wedding Gold (1) Edit
to be added
Dahlem Lead (2) Edit
to be added
- The Doctor carries gold coins he acquired from "the time of Augustus." Susan mentions that gold is useful for fighting "certain things."
- Susan and the Doctor became entangled in the Blitz in 1941. She says she has had many adventures on Earth in the 20th century and feels the Doctor has a fondness for it.
- The shop clerk compares the Doctor to Caligari from the 1919 film The Cabinet of Dr Caligari and the literary character Doctor Mabuse.
- Susan notices a poster for a Conrad Veidt film, The Black Hussar.
- Susan recalls the events of this story in the form of a letter to Barbara and Ian, to be opened in the event that she dies or leaves the TARDIS. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth) She recalls their meeting with Marco Polo. (TV: Marco Polo)
- Susan has an excellent knowledge of chemistry. (TV: An Unearthly Child)
- Susan considers that she has the power to alter events to prevent the outbreak of the Second World War. However, the Doctor argues it would unpick the fabric of reality. (TV: The Aztecs) Susan later concedes that had she altered history the Barbara and Ian she came to know would never have existed.
- The Doctor says he must show Susan the latter half of the 20th century eventually. (PROSE: Time and Relative)
- The Doctor is said to have a "packing case" in the TARDIS which he wants to leave on 20th century Earth. It is implied that this is in fact the Hand of Omega. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- Susan refers to having observed a Zeppelin attack during World War I. (TV: Planet of Giants)
- Susan mentions Adolf Hitler's rise to power as Chancellor of Germany on 30 January 1933. (AUDIO: Neverland)