Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main enemy:||Timeship crew|
|Cover by:||Iain Robertson|
|Release date:||January 2012|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|Beyond the Ultimate Adventure||The Selachian Gambit|
The Anachronauts was the fifty-first release in the Companion Chronicles audio range. It was the seventh story of season 6. It was written by Simon Guerrier and featured Steven Taylor and Sara Kingdom.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Island (1) Edit
to be added
The Door (2) Edit
to be added
The Wall (3) Edit
to be added
The Betrayer (4) Edit
to be added
Uncredited cast Edit
- First Doctor - Peter Purves
- Natalie Lang - Jean Marsh
- "Time Sprite" - Peter Purves (all BFX: The Anachronauts)
- Natalie Lang is the captain of the Hank Morgan IV. The crew are from a time far in the future when the 40th century is considered the distant past. In their time, humanity is at war with a species called the Wall of Noise.
- In Steven's time, human science considered tertiary star systems to be impossible.
- Sara is under the impression that Liverpool is a planet.
- As children, Steven and his classmates built a 5D representation of East Berlin.
- Steven tells the Stasi that Pluto is not a planet.
- By the 40th century, the most common form of residential home on Mars was a prefabricated model known as M9.
- This marks is the first time that Jean Marsh (Sara Kingdom) and Peter Purves (Steven Taylor) have appeared together as their original Doctor Who characters since TV: The Daleks' Master Plan in 1965/1966.
- The Doctor does not appear in the third episode.
- This audio drama was recorded on 3 and 4 August 2011.
- Steven mentions that he and the Doctor stole the taranium core from the Daleks in 4000 and that the Daleks are allied with Mavic Chen, the Guardian of the Solar System. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- The Doctor, Steven and Sara celebrate Christmas together in the TARDIS' control room by sharing some champagne after visiting Liverpool on 25 December 1965. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- Steven and Sara find the TARDIS' food machine on the desert island. (TV: The Daleks, The Edge of Destruction,The Space Museum)
- Steven tells Natalie Lang that Earth was fighting a war at the time that he met the Doctor on Mechanus. (TV: The Chase)
- Sara refers to the death of her brother Bret Vyon, for which she was responsible. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- The Doctor is terrified by the idea of a time war. (TV: The End of the World, et al)
- The Doctor tells Steven, Sara and the crew of the Hank Morgan IV about his encounter with Kublai Khan in Cathay in 1289. Although the Doctor insisted that it was a serious story, they found it very amusing. (TV: Marco Polo)
- Steven spent a great deal of time in solitary confinement while being held prisoner by the Mechonoids on Mechanus. (TV: The Chase)
- Steven refers to the Doctor telling him that they could not change history on his trip in the TARDIS. (TV: The Time Meddler)
- Sara refers to her visit to Mira. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- Shortly after Sara's death on Kembel in 4000, the Doctor and Steven would visit the real 1966, specifically Shoreditch, London. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan, AUDIO: The Perpetual Bond)