The Angel of Scutari (audio story)
|The Angel of Scutari|
|Main setting:||Scutari and Sebastopol, Uskudar, the Crimean Peninsula, the Russian Empire|
17 October-19 November
25 September-2 October 1854
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Toby Hrycek-Robinson|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||June 2009|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Enemy of the Daleks||The Company of Friends|
Publisher's summary edit
But there's already an angel of mercy working with the wounded at Scutari. A first-rate fellow who's turned up out of the blue. Goes by the name of Schofield; Thomas Hector Schofield...
With the Seventh Doctor and Ace lost in the siege of Sebastopol, Hex has rediscovered his calling. But there's cannon to the left of him, cannon to the right of him — and a deranged spycatcher-in-chief on his case.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- Sir Sidney Herbert / Tsar Nicholas I - Hugh Bonneville
- Florence Nightingale - Jeany Spark
- William Russell / Russian dungeon guard - John Paul Connolly
- Brigadier-General Bartholomew 'Barly' Kitchen - Alex Lowe
- Lev Tolstoy / Preston - John Albasiny
- Sir Hamilton Seymour -Sean Brosnan
- Hex is still reeling from the events that he witnessed on Bliss with the Daleks.
- Hex is shot with a musket.
- Ace and Lev ride horses when Ace escapes en route to prison.
- Ace has never read any of Tolstoy's work.
- After Hex is shot, the Doctor sets the TARDIS for St Gart's Brookside Hospital.
- Ace has previously encountered the Killorans.
- Cannon fire activates the TARDIS' Hostile Action Displacement System.
- After being shot, the exterior of the TARDIS is separated from its interior. The blue police box shell washes up at Scutari and is used for firewood.
- The Doctor uses his TARDIS key and some of Ace's blood to build a device to home in on her.
- The Doctor has a portable nuclear generator in the TARDIS, which is extremely difficult for one person to move.
- This audio release also included the third episode of The Three Companions "The Gathernaut".
- This would be the last time that the TARDIS was its traditional blue colour in a Seventh Doctor audio drama released in the main range until the final scene of AUDIO: Black and White in August 2012.
- This audio drama was recorded on 16 and 17 January 2009 at The Moat Studios.
- The cubby hole above the "P" where the spare key to the TARDIS is located was first shown to exist in TV: Doctor Who.
- The Doctor mentions that he witnessed the Charge of the Light Brigade in October 1854. (TV: The Evil of the Daleks)
- Ace previously rode a horse on Cheetah World. (TV: Survival)
- At a later point during his seventh incarnation, the Doctor returned to 1854 when he travelled to the home of Professor Michael Faraday in London in order to seal one end of an unstable time space corridor which had been accidentally created by his fifth incarnation on the Vault of Stellar Curios centuries in the future. (AUDIO: The Four Doctors)