The Arkwood Experiments was the comic debut of the Third Doctor, UNIT and the Brigadier. It followed the first major break in Doctor Who comic strip history — a nearly two month gap since the Second Doctor's swansong. The hiatus somewhat mirrored the unusually long seven month gap between season 6 and season 7 on television.
When normally peaceful animals at a zoo become violent, the Third Doctor and the Brigadier find that Cedric Mathews, a pupil at a nearby school, has created a drug which enhances aggression. Mathews infects all of the children at the school with the drug, and the Doctor and the Brigadier must stop the group of violent children before they reach a nearby village.
to be added
- Among the zoo animals affected by Cedric's drug are parrots, penguins, a gazelle, a panther, and a lion.
- The parrots are last seen flying off towards the town to wreak havoc there — and oddly, are never seen nor mentioned again.
- The first words spoken by the Third Doctor in his comic book tenure is: "What?" It is said in response to the Brigadier asking him to meet him at the zoo.
Original print details Edit
- (Publication with page count and closing captions)
- TVC 944 (2 pages) Can Dr. Who and the Brigadier escape the frenzied parrots ? See next week !
- TVC 945 (2 pages) Next week the takeover of the ten-year-olds begins !
- TVC 946 (2 pages) Next week: Wild ten-year-olds on the rampage !
- TVC 947 (2 pages)
- TVC 948 (2 pages) Next week the savage ten-year-olds attack the village !
- TVC 949 (2 pages) A new all-action adventure with Dr. Who starts next week : The Multi-Mobile !
to be added