a real world point of view
|The Atomon Invasion|
|Companion(s):||Amy Pond and Rory Williams|
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Adventures |
|Release date:||8 December 2011|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Harvest of Doom||Wait Until Morning|
The Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams answer a distress call from Elpha, whom, with her cubs, he had earlier saved and returned home. Taken to the tribe's Queen, she explains that the mechanical men are destroying the forest's Hoojib trees and their fruit, which the tribe need to survive.
The Doctor discovers the mechanical men are Dronebots, which he had met on Figaro Xll). Taking advantage of his experience as a Roman Centurion, Rory is sent to organise an attack on the Dronebots base, a spaceship on the planet's surface. The Doctor and Amy sneak around the back.
Inside they discover attempts to fuse living matter of the Hoojib tree with the metal and plastic Dronebots. In the control room, Atomon, who is fused with the plant form, prepares to wipe out the entire tribe. However, Elpha smashes the controls and puts the Dronebots offline and inactive.
The Doctor faces Atomon and declares his own people fought and defeated him in the Dark Times. Astonished at a Time Lord's survival, Atomon uses a teleport to escape, but not before promising to meet the Doctor again...
Named characters Edit
- Atomon returns, having sought out the Hoojib tree for its magical, life-giving properties that sustain Elpha's tribe.
- This story also features the return of Elpha from Cell Shock (DWA 178)
- This strip features the return of Atomon as the new ongoing villain.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 247 (4 pages) DON’T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
- The Doctor refers to "his people" (the Time Lords) and the Atomon who fought in the Dark Times (early Time Lord history). The Time Lords won.
- Rory's previous life as a Roman Centurion (during the two thousand years he waited for Amy Pond) gave him the experience to lead an army of Elpha's tribe against the Dronebots.