|The Battle for Time|
|Main setting:||Earth, 1908|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 56|
|Release date:||29 October 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 4 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|Ghosts from the Past||Carnage Zoo|
Opening narration box Edit
Koltroxa has invaded the TARDIS!
Now having the power of the time vortex and control of the TARDIS, Koltroxa believes the Doctor and Donna will serve her as slaves. However, the Doctor dematerialises the TARDIS back at the house in 1908. As before, they are met by two ghostly children who take them up to meet "mother" but this time is different. Koltroxa has not arrived yet and when the future Koltroxa arrives for her children they do not recognise her.
The Doctor pleads with Koltroxa to leave because the two together in the same time is causing a paradox that could rip apart the whole of the vortex. The Doctor snatches the necklace from Koltroxa to protect and save Donna and himself. The whole house including her earlier self is destroyed, ending the paradox. The Doctor tells Donna not to think to much about how the same house could be destroyed in 1908 and 2108 or it could drive you mad!
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 4/4 DWBIT 56 (4 pages) THE END!
- No reprints to date.
to be added