|The Beast of Orlok|
|Main setting:||Orlok, Germany, December 1827|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Andy Hardwick|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||May 2009|
|Eighth Doctor Adventures|
Publisher's summary Edit
With fangs like splinters, claws like knives, the Beast of Orlok gobbles lives. With brimstone breath and eyes aglow, he'll eat your soul — to Hell you'll go!
Germany, 1827. The town of Orlok is under a curse, haunted by the memory of a spate of grisly murders that shattered the community twenty years before. At the time, townsfolk blamed the legendary Beast of Orlok, a nightmarish creature from medieval folklore.
And now, it seems, the Beast has returned. As the killings begin again, the people of Orlok are understandably suspicious of two strangers newly arrived in their midst. The Doctor and Lucie must face their darkest fears as they find themselves plunged into a decidedly grim fairytale.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Frau Tod - Miriam Margolyes
- Hans Tod - Samuel Barnett
- Baron Teufel - Peter Guinness
- Otto Pausbacken - Nick Wilton
- Judah - Trevor Cooper
- Greta Tod - Alison Thea-Skot
- Lugner - Nicholas Briggs
- The Doctor and Lucie were trying to get to Alton Towers.
- The Doctor's TARDIS has a green switch marked "LTD" — which is used to Locate The Doctor.
- The Doctor drinks wine with Baron Teufel.
- Lucie mentions "Titanic" and Sherlock Holmes.
- The Doctor says that he is 900 years old.
- Many of the German names are puns. "Tod" is German for "dead," "Teufel" means "devil" and "Pausbacken" means "chubby-cheeks."
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 September 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- The story was initially released as a download on the Big Finish website on 4 and 11 April 2009, and was later broadcast on BBC Radio 7 from 30 May to 6 June 2010.
- The Doctor refers to his former companion, the 19th century author Mary Shelley, with whom he had travelled for several years before meeting Charley Pollard. (AUDIO: Mary's Story)
- The Tenth Doctor would later encounter a different kind of golem in Africa in 2118. (PROSE: The Art of Destruction)
- Official The Beast of Orlok page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Beast of Orlock at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide