The Big Hunt was the sixth novel published by Big Finish Productions as part of their Bernice Summerfield series. It was the first full length novel in the two years since The Glass Prison in 2002. It was author Lance Parkin's second Bernice Summerfield novel. His first was Beige Planet Mars.
Publisher's summary Edit
She feels she's entitled to a bit of downtime. So, why won't anyone leave her alone? Before long, she's being sent off after an old space artefact, only to crash-land on a planet apparently devoid of life. Devoid of life, that is, except for the robotic animals, big game hunters and ruthless corporate administrators of the type she's learned to know and mistrust.
Benny realises that to survive she must join in on what might be the most dangerous "game" she's ever played...
to be added
- The hunters have aircars.
- Makins tells Benny the robots are made by Bantu Industries and are from a megafreighter that crashed.
- UNASA launched von Neumann probes. These contained robots that when they landed could adapt to local conditions and create a ready-made colony for humans.
- This is the first full length Bernice Summerfield novel to be released since the novel The Glass Prison in 2002.
- Bantu were first mentioned in PROSE: Another Girl, Another Planet where they were the Bantu Cooperative. They were also mentioned in PROSE: Beige Planet Mars, where they were the Bantu Corporation.