|The Blue Angel|
|Main setting:||The Enclave|
|Writer:||Paul Magrs, Jeremy Hoad|
|Cover by:||Black Sheep|
|Release date:||6 September 1999|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 43 Chapters, 288 Pages|
|BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|Interference - Book Two||The Taking of Planet 5|
The Blue Angel was the twenty-seventh BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures. It was written by Paul Magrs and Jeremy Hoad. It was the first novel to feature Compassion as a companion along side Fitz Kreiner and the Eighth Doctor. Blue Angel also featured the second appearance in the EDAs of Iris Wildthyme.
Publisher's summary Edit
This is a story about Winter...
As the Doctor becomes involved in affairs aboard the Federation Starship Nepotist, his old friend Iris Wildthyme is rescuing old ladies who are being attacked by savage owls in a shopping mall.
And, in a cat's cradle of interdimensional corridors lies the Valcean City of Glass, whose King Dedalus awaits the return of his Angel son and broods over the oncoming war...
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Iris Wildthyme
- King Daedalus
- Big Sue
- Maddy Sharp
- Robert B. Blandish
- Future Doctor
- Iris asks about Sam Jones.
- A group of Steigertrudes raid Earth's art treasures.
- Iris pretends her TARDIS has a "bookmark" feature to return to a certain point.
- Each chapter title mirror's the first few words of the first sentence...giving chapter 25 the chapter title "Iris made Fitz come..."
- The Blue Angel's chapters contains instances of metafiction. The chapters which seem to take place within the Obverse reference fictional events as fiction and ask questions about the link between "reality" and "fiction" within its own fictional universe.
- There are also questions (and/or jokes) about Iris Wildthyme's status as a metafictional character.
- The Blue Angel has been adapted into a script (The Blue Angel Adapted by Piers Britton) for use in a university course.
- Iris Wildthyme previously encountered the Eighth Doctor in PROSE: The Scarlet Empress, where Iris regenerated into her current form.
- PROSE: Mad Dogs and Englishmen is the next appearance of Iris Wildthyme.
- The results of the Doctor connecting Compassion's receiver through the TARDIS fully come to pass in PROSE: The Shadows of Avalon.
- The Doctor recalls kissing Grace Holloway in San Francisco on 31 December 1999. (TV: Doctor Who)
- Iris mentions meeting the Doctor and Sam Jones in New York City on 3 June 1968. (PROSE: Femme Fatale)
- Daedalus knows that the Doctor once had the chance to avert the creation of the Daleks. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- The Blue Angel at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Blue Angel at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Blue Angel