The Blue Angel was the twenty-seventh BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures. It was written by Paul Magrs and Jeremy Hoad. It was the first novel to feature Compassion as a companion along side Fitz Kreiner and the Eighth Doctor. Blue Angel also featured the second appearance in the EDAs of Iris Wildthyme.
Publisher's summary Edit
This is a story about Winter...
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Iris Wildthyme
- King Daedalus
- Big Sue
- John Felixstoe
- Maddy Sharp
- Robert B. Blandish
- Future Doctor
- Iris asks about Sam Jones.
A number of species live in the Enclave.
- Sahmbekarts take over the Nepotist
- A group of Steigertrudes raid Earth's art treasures.
- The Ghillighast worship lice.
- An intelligent owl species was charged by a godlike being to guard two eggs.
- The Glass Men lived in Valcea and were ruled by Daedalus.
- Iris pretends her TARDIS has a "bookmark" feature to return to a certain point.
- Each chapter title mirrors the first few words of the first sentence...giving chapter 25 the chapter title "Iris made Fitz come..."
- The Blue Angel's chapters contains instances of metafiction. The chapters which seem to take place within the Obverse reference fictional events as fiction and ask questions about the link between "reality" and "fiction" within its own fictional universe.
- There are also questions (and/or jokes) about Iris Wildthyme's status as a metafictional character.
- The Blue Angel has been adapted into a script (The Blue Angel Adapted by Piers Britton) for use in a university course.
- Iris mentions meeting the Eighth Doctor and Sam Jones in Hyspero (PROSE: The Scarlet Empress) and in New York City on 3 June 1968. (PROSE: Femme Fatale)
- Steigertrudes originate from PROSE: The Scarlet Empress.
- Daedelus recalls visiting Hyspero. (PROSE: The Scarlet Empress)
- The results of the Doctor connecting Compassion's receiver through the TARDIS fully come to pass in PROSE: The Shadows of Avalon.
- The Doctor recalls kissing Grace Holloway in San Francisco on 31 December 1999. (TV: Doctor Who)
- Daedalus knows that the Doctor once had the chance to avert the creation of the Daleks. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- The Blue Angel at the Faction Paradox wiki
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Blue Angel at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Blue Angel