|The Blue Tooth|
|Featuring:||The Brig, Mike Yates, Benton|
|Main enemy:||The Cybermen |
|Main setting:||England and Cambridge, the 1970s|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Director:||Mark J Thompson|
|Read by:||Caroline John|
|Release date:||January 2007|
|Format:||4 episodes on 1 CD|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|Fear of the Daleks||The Beautiful People|
The Blue Tooth was the third story in the first series of The Companion Chronicles. It was notable for being the only story as of 2014[update] in any Doctor Who medium to pit the Third Doctor against the Cybermen.
Publisher's summary Edit
"I suppose that was one of the Doctor's most endearing qualities: the ability to make the bizarre and the terrifying seem utterly normal."
When Liz Shaw's friend Jean goes missing, the Doctor and U.N.I.T. are drawn to the scene to investigate. Soon Liz discovers a potential alien invasion that will have far-reaching affects on her life… and the Doctor is unexpectedly re-united with an old enemy…
to be added
- The electricity board threatens to cut off the power at UNIT HQ because the Doctor is using large amounts of power for his experiment on the TARDIS.
- Liz was at the University of Cambridge in the 1960s alongside Jean Baisemore. She hated Jean at first sight. But the pair gradually became friends and Jean opened Liz's eyes to life outside university.
- Liz says she is in her mid-twenties whilst working at UNIT.
- Liz doesn't like dentists.
- This story marks the first appearances of Liz Shaw, Sergeant Benton and Captain Mike Yates in an audio drama.
- To date, this is the only appearance of the Cybermen in the Companion Chronicles.
- Aside from a brief appearance in AUDIO: Zagreus, this is the first Big Finish audio drama to feature the Third Doctor.
- Liz refers to Mike Yates as 'Captain Yates', which is at odds with his rank as given in PROSE: The Scales of Injustice. It seems reasonable to suppose that Liz refers to Mike as being a ‘Captain’ here as that was his rank when she last encountered him, and she is of course narrating the tale with many years hindsight.
- Liz says she lived with her mother whilst studying for her undergraduate degree. (AUDIO: The Last Post)