|The Book of the Still|
|Companion(s):||Fitz Kreiner, Anji Kapoor|
|Main enemy:||The Unnoticed|
|Release date:||6 May 2002|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 32 Chapters, 288 Pages|
|BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|Trading Futures||The Crooked World|
- You may be looking for the titular book.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Unnoticed are bound to keep themselves isolated from all history, or face a complete collapse from existence.
The Book of the Still is a lifeline for stranded time travellers — write your location, sign your name and be instantly rescued. When the Unnoticed learn that within the book someone has revealed both their existence and whereabouts they are forced into murderous intercession to find it.
Fitz knows where it is, but then he's the one who stole it. Carmodi, addicted to the energies trapped in frequent time travellers, also knows where it is. But she's the one who's stolen Fitz. Anji, alone on a doomed planet, trying to find evidence of a race that has never had the decency to exist, doesn't know where anybody is.
Embroiled in the deadly chase, the Doctor is starting to worry about how many people he can keep alive along the way...
Chapter Titles Edit
- Obligatory Spectacular Opening
- Oatmeal and Water
- Before All That
- Visiting Times
- A Different Quality to the Rain
- This Never Happened
- Dream Time Error
- And What Are You In For?
- Escape. Switch
- I Don't Do This
- Leaving Without Saying Goodbye
- Resonance Corridor
- Snatching Defeat From the Jaws of Victory
- Bad Guys Wear Black Hats
- Mob Dynamics
- Danger: Unexploded Planet
- Contact High
- Bollywood or Bust
- The Burglar's Excuse-Me
- Still Point
- Learning to Dance
- With One Bound He Was Free
- I Was a Canary for the Unnoticed
- Entry 3756
- Coming Down to Earth
- Are You Out of Your Mind?
- Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
- Mind Bomb
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Anji Kapoor
- Anji is (by this point in her adventuring) forgetting how to be culture shocked.
- She likes museums.
- Rhian Salmond
- She is a non-linear anthropology student, who got her credentials revoked and was put in jail for attempting to steal the The Book of the Still.
- She was working on a Ph.D in "Homeostatic Time-travelling Cultures".
- Carmodi Litian
- Time travel causes many types of exotic particles including bockatrons, harminum and artron oxidants (see also artron energy).
- Several people try to steal The Book of the Still and many of the jails on Lebenswelt hold people who have tried to steal it.
- The Doctor learns to dance.
- The Doctor tells Rhian about his amnesia and one hundred years spent trapped on Earth. (PROSE: The Burning)
- Fitz happily thinks about Lebenswelt's lack of clockwork people. (PROSE: Anachrophobia)
- The Book of the Still at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Book of the Still at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Book of the Still