The Brilliant Book 2012
Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
Publisher's summary edit
The indispensable official guide to Series 6 of Doctor Who!
Packed with unseen photographs and original artwork and illustrations, The Brilliant Book of Doctor Who 2012 is your indispensable guide to Series 6 of Doctor Who.
Weaving fact and fiction, interviews and information, the Brilliant Book boasts brand new material from the writers of the TV show, including Mark Gatiss, Gareth Roberts, Matthew Graham, Tom MacRae and Steve Thompson, plus exclusive extras from Neil Gaiman. Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill and Alex Kingston take us behind the scenes in revealing new interviews, while showrunner Steven Moffat unravels the secrets of the scripts.
Learn the art of making a memorable monster, discover how the show's secrets are kept, and see a full episode by episode guide, including deleted scenes and hidden gems you might have missed. Find out who legendary Time Lord The Corsair really was, and voyage with the Pirate crew of the good ship Fancy before they heard the Siren's song; discover the full story of the fight for Ganger rights and get a taste of the future with Dorium Maldovar.
The Brilliant Book of Doctor Who 2012 — no TARDIS traveller should be without it!
Features (Fictional Context) edit
- Welcome, traveller, to Sardicktown
- Play among the stars, and come aboard the Thrasymachus
- A collection of evidence of the Doctor 'waving through time' at Amy & Rory
- Three Months, Three Companions
- The Doc's Side of the Moon
- The Fight for Ganger Rights
- The Lesson of the Unholy Water
- It's you...but disposable!
- Papal mainframe
- Mels and school
- Just. Department User Guides - Teselecta
- My Special Book by George Thompson (aged 7 1/2)
- White flag article
- Sanderson & Grainger application for employment
- A collection of screenshots and articles from when time stopped
- None. In lieu of original short fiction, the book instead features a number of features presented in historical context, featuring characters from the various episodes.
Comic strip edit
- Planet of the Rain Gods, a three-page comic strip adaptation of the unused opening sequence of The Doctor's Wife