Publisher's summary Edit
The Haven hangs in space. A vast star city, devoid of life. Organic life, that is.
From their high spire, looking out over silent streets and empty plazas, the Assemblers are waiting for the day when the humans arrive. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting...
When the TARDIS brings the Doctor and Lucie to the Haven, it seems like Assemblers' long wait might be over. Living beings! Without batteries! Protocol be praised!
Except — they're headed for the lower levels. They don't want to do that. That's where the Cannibalists live. And if the Cannibalists catch them — well, they won't be living beings much longer...
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Titus - Phil Davis
- Servo - Phill Jupitus
- Domitian/Diode - Nigel Lambert
- Macrinus/Crusher - Teddy Kempner
- Probus/Ripper - Oliver Senton
- Minerva - Charlotte Fields
- Elevator Voice - Beth Chalmers
- Lucie has watched a lot of Star Trek.
- Titus quotes Kurt Cobain by saying, "It's better to burn out than to fade away".
- This audio drama was recorded on 22 October 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- The story was initially released as a download on the Big Finish website on 16 and 23 May 2009, and was later broadcast on BBC Radio 7 from 27 June to 4 July 2010.
- In PROSE: The Pirate Loop, the Tenth Doctor and Martha Jones also arrive in a place populated only by robots waiting for the humans to arrive.
- Minerva recognises the Doctor as an "organic approximating human form", and detects that he contains "human genetic content". (TV: Doctor Who)
- Official The Cannibalists page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Cannibalists at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide