This article is written from a real world point of view
|Main setting:||England, the 1900s|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Read by:||Louise Jameson|
|Release date:||January 2008|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|Old Soldiers||Here There Be Monsters|
Publisher's summary Edit
- The Tro'faroom, which was built by the ancient founders of the Sevateem on their planet, is a corruption of "Trophy Room."
- Leela believes that the Doctor may have viewed her as a kindred spirit given that he rejected the customs of the Time Lords in the same manner as Leela rejected the customs of the Sevateem.
- Lord Joshua Douglas is implied to have travelled with the Third Doctor for what may have been as long as a decade. Although he is described as being physically older than the Fourth Doctor and as having long white hair, it cannot have been during his first incarnation as the Doctor later told Leela that he was sent to the Z'nai homeworld by the Time Lords.
- Lord Douglas has encouraged his daughter Jessica to reads the works of Thomas Hardy. However, she prefers that of Rudyard Kipling.
- Lady Douglas considers the suffragettes to be "an abomination of nature."
- H'mbrackle claims that he and the Doctor shared dinner in the Royal Place of Kremnon shortly before the destruction of the Z'nai civilisation.
- In the flashback sequences, Leela is portrayed as being unsurprised that the Doctor would have another face. This is a little discontinuous in that the Leela of the time in which that part of the story is set was not yet familiar with the concept of regeneration. However, as the story is narrated by a Leela who had long lived on Gallifrey, it is possible that she is downplaying the surprise that she actually experienced at the time.
- Leela was named after the Sevateem's first and greatest warrior, who was the most revered figure in Sevateem history. She sacrificed her life to save her tribe.
- This story strongly implies that Leela survived the Last Great Time War.
- Chronologically, this is the earliest Big Finish audio drama to feature the Fourth Doctor.
- This audio drama was recorded on 3 June 2007.
- Leela refers to the destruction of Gallifrey in the Last Great Time War. (TV: The End of the World) As such, it is one of the first Big Finish audio dramas to make direct reference to an event in the revival TV series.
- Leela mentions being cast out from the Sevateem for blaspheming against Xoanon. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- Leela recalls growing up with Tomas and Jabal and arguing numerous times with her father Sole during her childhood. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor once again observes, "Where there's life, there's hope." (TV: Planet of the Spiders)
- Leela claims that she was named after the greatest warrior in Sevateem history. However, she previously told Boudica that her name had no meaning. (AUDIO: The Wrath of the Iceni)