|Main character(s):||The Mistress|
|Release date:||June 1999|
|Adventures in a Pocket Universe|
The Choice is the first of two BBV audios featuring Lalla Ward and John Leeson. The series, Adventures in a Pocket Universe, is commonly mistaken for a sequel to Warriors' Gate. However, BBV had no licence from the British Broadcasting Corporation to produce this series. Their only licence came from Bob Baker and Dave Martin for the use of the general concept of K9. Thus, K9 appears legally, but it is not any version of K9 seen on television, since this K9 is depicted as travelling with a woman named "The Mistress" in Ecto-Space — not Romana II in E-Space.
Publisher's summary Edit
After successfully opposing slavery in the pocket-universe of Ecto-Space, K9 and his Mistress are treated to a life of luxury as the revered guests of Emperor Lukor. However, a life of decadence soon pales for the travellers and after making a hurried departure they discover a society of diseased cave dwellers who are dominated by their unseen masters who they worship as gods. Experience tells the Mistress and K9 that things are not all that they seem and, in a bid to unearth the truth, they place themselves in deadly peril.
to be added
- The Mistress - Lalla Ward
- K9 - John Leeson
- Emperor Lukor - Keith Drinkel
- Court Historian - Oliver Bradshaw
- Burns - Bernard Kay
- Lenora - Maggie Stables
- Nathanien - Neil Bull
- Among the many near-references to Warriors' Gate are ones to "Ecto-Space" and a "people enslaved". Doctor Who fans will immediately translate these as E-Space and the Tharils, but the script actually refers to neither, for legal reasons.
- Maggie Stables (Lenora) would later play the Sixth Doctor's companion Evelyn Smythe for Big Finish Productions.
- Because of the copyright situation, this story has no actual continuity with any story except The Search.