|The Cleverest King|
|Main setting:||Planet Usunru, Galaxy 57|
|Printed in:||DWA 193|
|Release date:||18 November 2010|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Pencil Pusher||Seeing Things|
The Eleventh Doctor has forgotten that the alien planet Usunru in Galaxy 57 is home to the Kreech. He and Amy Pond are soon separated from the TARDIS and captured. The Kreech carry their prisoners back to their nest in a hollowed-out tree. They are received by Rangorr — Brainleader of the Kreech!
Only once in every ten generation is a Kreech born with a highly developed brain. Rangorr is a lonely ruler, fair and just, but lacking intelligent company. Rangorr wants to travel but is unwilling to leave his kind without a Brainleader, so he nominates the Doctor to take his place. The Doctor declines on the grounds that even he isn't a clever as Rangorr and suggests a crossword contest.
While Rangorr is busy concentrating on the puzzle, the Doctor and Amy sneak out and past the Kreech, back to the TARDIS, leaving Rangorr to remain the Brainleader.
- One of the crossword's clues is "a small red Turkish hat". The answer is "Fez".
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 193 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – The Doctor and Amy are seeing things!
- No reprints to date.
to be added