- You may be looking for the titular coach.
The Coach with the Dragon Tattoo was the second episode of Class. It was written by Patrick Ness, directed by Ed Bazalgette and featured Greg Austin as Charlie Smith, Fady Elsayed as Ram Singh, Sophie Hopkins as April MacLean, Vivian Oparah as Tanya Adeola and Katherine Kelly as Miss Quill.
A subplot involving a robot inspector emerged in this episode. It was later revealed that the robot had been sent by a mysterious organisation, who seemed to be interested in the activities of Miss Quill.
This is the only episode where Matteusz is not present during the alien incursion, apparently being "grounded".
Ram Singh has seen too much. His girlfriend's dead, he lost his leg, and now he sees a gruesome corpse in the locker room. Meanwhile, he has trouble adapting to his new prosthetic leg, screwing up in football. Someone else dies. Is it all in his head, or is this the work of a skin-peeling dragon?
The plot section only covers as far as the title sequence.
In the changing rooms, Dawson's assistant coach Caroll is brutally mauled and skinned alive by a dragon like creature. It leaves through a rift in time, just before Ram enters the room and discovers Carroll's body. Horrified, and remembering Rachael's death, he locks himself inside a toilet cubicle. When he emerges, he finds all traces of the murder gone. Dawson appears, still angry at Ram, and tells him to go home. When Ram leaves, Dawson is shown to have a large Dragon tattoo covering most of his back. He finds a drop of blood on the shower floor, and wipes it away with his foot, stating that "he is in control" as the camera zooms in to show blood on the Dragon tattoo's teeth. The dragon then blinks.
- to be continued
- Miss Quill - Katherine Kelly
- Charlie - Greg Austin
- Ram - Fady Elsayed
- April - Sophie Hopkins
- Tanya - Vivian Oparah
- Coach Dawson - Ben Peel
- Assistant Coach Carroll - David McGranaghan
- Varun - Aaron Neil
- Mr Armitage - Nigel Betts
- The Inspector - Jami Reid-Quarrell
- Cleaner - Cally Lawrence
|Executive Producers Brian Minchin, Steven Moffat and Patrick Ness|
|Not every person who worked on this adventure was credited. The absence of a credit for a position doesn't necessarily mean the job wasn't required. The information above is based solely on observations of the actual end credits of the episodes as broadcast, and does not relay information from IMDB or other sources.|
- April, Charlie and Tanya discuss what to call the tear in space-time: "Membrane of Time? Chasm? Fracture." Tanya: "Bunghole." April later carries on calling it the Bunghole of Time, to which Charlie objects.
- Our Universe Live is an event that takes place between 23 May and 31 May.
- Ram suggests that the male dragon make Coach Dawson's skin into leather, "make a chair or something".
Coal Hill School
- Miss Quill and Mr Armitage walk by a sign that says "the Barbara Wright Building", named after Barbara Wright, companion of the First Doctor and teacher at Coal Hill in the 1960s.
- Coach Dawson's office is Room G15, Sport Science Office.
- Coal Hill has a 1st Team and a 2nd Team.
- Coal Hill Academy offers physics booster classes.
- Tanya says maths is ridiculously easy this year.
- Mr Armitage says that the education secretary thinks all teachers are monkeys.
- Ram smokes.
- Ram's father, Varun, continues to come to his football practices. He first taught Ram to play, and encourages him to practice with his new prosthetic leg until he gets it right.
- Miss Quill asks Ram whether he was watching porn while doing his homework. Ram sarcastically answers that he was masturbating good and that he had to do homework one-handed.
- Ram thinks he may be suffering from PTSD.
- When trying to find the Inspector online, Quill at first found a Paul Smith who was not him.
- The Inspector poses as being from Ofsted.
- Mr Armitage asks Miss Quill not to misbehave in front of The Inspector as the Coal Hill governors would not like it.
- April plays the violin, mostly folk music.
- Tanya has two brothers: Jarvis and Damon, with whom she plays Xbox.
- April's dad calls her, but she doesn't pick up.
- While inspecting the robot parts that was the Inspector, Miss Quill discovers them to be property of the Governors, and wonders who they might be.
- Tanya, Charlie and April attempted to call Ram.
- Tanya's computer uses Windows Vista.
- Tanya is trying to hack into UNIT's database.
- Ram and Tanya are again video calling on Chat.
- Later on April and Charlie join.
- Miss Quill remarks, of the internet, "Have you seen what this species puts about themselves online? So much genitalia."
- At home, Charlie has an iMac computer.
- Tanya downloaded the UNIT hack attempt off Reddit.
- April has an iPhone and a keyboard.
Foods and beverages
- Tanya eats an apple.
- Ram tries to hit a water bottle with a football. With his father's support, he succeeds in knocking it over.
- The title is a play on the novel The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
- During the scene when the sixth formers go to find Coach Dawson, "Y.A.L.A." by M.I.A. can be heard.
- BBC Three ratings: 0.39 million
- BBC One overnight: to be announced
- BBC America overnight: to be announced
to be added
to be added
- The Prom is mentioned. (TV: For Tonight We Might Die)
- Rachel is believed to be missing. Ram is reminded that he watched her die and was drenched in her blood. (TV: For Tonight We Might Die)
- Ram is still coping with his prosthetic leg. (TV: For Tonight We Might Die)
- Ram doesn't want to be part of the world-saving team. (TV: For Tonight We Might Die)
- Tanya mentions Ram saving April from the Shadow Kin. (TV: For Tonight We Might Die)
- Charlie mentions that everyone that he ever knew died. April mentions sharing her heart with Corakinus. (TV: For Tonight We Might Die)
- The Twelfth Doctor making Miss Quill Charlie's protector is mentioned. (TV: For Tonight We Might Die)
- Barbara Wright is mentioned on a poster (TV: An Unearthly Child - The Chase) as having a building named after her.
- The head teacher, Mr Armitage, (TV: Into the Dalek, et al.) is killed.
- Charlie mentions that the Twelfth Doctor said Miss Quill was supposed to help him. (TV: For Tonight We Might Die)
- Charlie makes note of a "fascinating power" of humanity to forget such things as the Shadow Kin attack. The Seventh Doctor previously noted humanity's "capacity for self-deception". (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks) The Twelfth Doctor also described forgetting as a "human superpower". (TV: In the Forest of the Night)
Home video releases
to be added
to be added
- We see on Charlie's computer that the day of the confrontation with Coach Dawson is a Thursday. This story takes place over 4 distinct and consecutive days, so it must begin on Monday.
- We know from a poster in For Tonight We Might Die that the Autumn Prom took place on Friday, 14 October, during which Rachel Chapman died.
- Varun Singh says in this episode that it's been a week since she disappeared. Exactly a week after Prom would be 21 October, but that's a Friday, because the 14th was a Friday. Three days later is 24 October, the only Monday on which Varun could possibly say it's been a week since Prom. Thus, this story takes place between Monday 24 and Thursday 27 October.