|The Colony of Lies|
|Featuring:||Seventh Doctor, Ace|
|Main enemy:||Administrator Greene, Tyrenians|
|Main setting:||Axista Four, 2539|
|Cover by:||Black Sheep|
|Release date:||7 July 2003|
|Format:||Paperback Book, 272 Pages|
|BBC Past Doctor Adventures|
|Loving the Alien||Wolfsbane|
The Colony of Lies was the sixty-first BBC Past Doctor Adventures novel. It featured the Second Doctor, Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Heriot, as well as the Seventh Doctor and Ace. This was author Colin Brake's only contribution to the Past Doctor Adventures range.
Publisher's summary Edit
According to popular legend, the great humanitarian Stewart Ransom founded the Independent Earth Colony on Axista Four in the year 2439, but the truth is not as neat and simple as the legend would suggest...
The year is 2539. Arriving on Axista Four, the Doctor, Zoe and Jamie find the colony in a state of chaos. A breakaway group of colonists — the "Realists" — has abandoned Ransome's Back to Basics ideals and is creating a new high-tech settlement. The "Loyalists" who remain are dwindling in number and face total extinction.
Meanwhile, a spaceship from Earth has arrived with news that 80,000 refugees are about to descend upon the planet; the Realists are staging raids on the wreck of the colony ship, and in a secret underground bunker mysterious aliens who claim to be the planet's first colonists are beginning to awake.
Who are the dog-like aliens who call themselves Tyrenians? What is the secret agenda of the sinister Federation Administrator Greene? And what really happened when the colony ship crash-landed on Axista Four 100 years ago?
to be added
- The Doctor claims to prefer Back to the Future Part II to Back to the Future Part III.
to be added
- Zoe recalls the Cybermen's invasion of the Wheel, (TV: The Wheel in Space) but doesn't think of their attack on 20th century Earth. (TV: The Invasion)
- The Second Doctor compares the sealed panels on the colony ship to the tombs of Telos. (TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen)
- The Second Doctor compares Plymouth Hope City to Tombstone, Arizona, which he visited in October 1881 during his first incarnation in the company of Steven Taylor and Dodo Chaplet. (TV: The Gunfighters)
- The Second Doctor refers to his fondness for steam trains. (TV: Black Orchid, PROSE: Model Train Set)
- One of the myths of the frontier concerns a hidden Dalek army. (TV: Planet of the Daleks)
- The Seventh Doctor tells Ace that he used to keep a diary. (TV: The Power of the Daleks, TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen)
- Ace mentions Gabriel Chase (TV: Ghost Light) and recalls that she was called "Dotty" at school. (PROSE: Timewyrm: Revelation)
- The Colony of Lies at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Colony of Lies at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Colony of Lies