Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Coming of the Cybermen|
|Companion(s):||John and Gillian|
|Main enemy:||The Cybermen|
|Writer:||Roger Noel Cook|
|Printed in:||TV Comic 824-827|
|Release date:||30 September - 21 October 1967|
|Format:||Comic - 4 parts - 8 pages|
|TVC comic stories|
|Egyptian Escapade||The Faithful Rocket Pack|
On the planet Minot the Second Doctor discovers a seemingly abandoned space carrier. He's trapped aboard when the Cybermen reveal themselves and lift off in the carrier. Discovering they plan to destroy Earth with a bomb, the Doctor primes the bomb but only has twenty-five minutes to escape. He is pursued by the Cybermen until he's trapped within the bomb, before escaping and using one of their patrol craft to flee. Before the Cybermen can train their guns on him, the ships explodes. He returns to Minot and leaves with John and Gillian.
- John and Gillian do not have a TARDIS key and cannot fly the ship.
- They use ray guns.
- When the Doctor returns, Gillian says they won't have to stay on Minot like Robinson Crusoe.
- This comic was reprinted in Doctor Who Classic Comics issue 26.
- Narration refers to the Second Doctor as "Dr. Who" while Gillian calls him "the Doctor".
- The Cybermen are CyberMondans. (TV: The Tenth Planet)
- The Cybermen will again attempt to destroy Earth with a cyberbomb. (TV: Earthshock)