Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Coming of the Terraphiles|
|Main enemy:||Frank/Freddie Force|
|Main setting:||PeersTM, Calypso V system, Desiree|
|Read by:||Clive Mantle|
|Release date:||14 October 2010|
|Format:||Hardcover Book, 352 Pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
Publisher's summary Edit
There are dark tides running through the universe...
Miggea - a star on the very edge of reality. The cusp between this universe and the next. A point where space-time has worn thin, and is in danger of collapsing... And the venue for the grand finals of the competition to win the fabled Arrow of Law. The Doctor and Amy have joined the Terraphiles - a group obsessed with all aspects of Earth's history, and dedicated to re-enacting ancient sporting events. They are determined to win the Arrow. But just getting to Miggea proves tricky. Reality is collapsing, ships are disappearing, and Captain Cornelius and his pirates are looking for easy pickings. Even when they arrive, the Doctor and Amy's troubles won't be over. They have to find out who is so desperate to get the Arrow of Law that they will kill for it. And uncover the traitor on their own team. And win the contest fair and square. And, of course, they need to save the universe from total destruction.
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Captain Cornelius
- Peet Aviv
- Frank/Freddie Force
- Urquart Banning-Cannon
- Enola Banning-Cannon
- Jane Banning-Cannon
- Hari Agincourt
- Bingo Lockesley
- Bubbly Boys
- W.G. Grace
- Captain Abberley
- Old Bill Told
- Uff Nuff O'Kay
- DikMik Aaak
- Masher Dubloon
- The Daleks are mentioned.
- Nukeball is a sport popular among Judoon, but it is forbidden on their planet so the population is not wiped out.
- There is a narrative mention of a Twelfth Intergalactic War.
- The Eleventh Doctor likes Pop-Tarts.
- Amy does not know who Tom Mix is.
- The novel is subtitled Pirates of the Second Aether.
- According to an interview with the author, Captain Jack Harkness was to appear in this novel, meeting the Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond for the first time.
- The novel is the first one of its format, although it is quite similar to other Eleventh Doctor novels. The font is the same, as is the style for chapter numbering and the first few words of each chapter. The differences include the book's greater length, titles given to each chapter, the front cover can be removed and the main cast are not seen on the front of the book.
- This novel features the Eleventh Doctor being able to travel to other parts of the Multiverse freely, despite earlier stories establishing that inter-dimensional travel is now virtually impossible due to the Last Great Time War. (TV: Rise of the Cybermen)
- The Eleventh Doctor and Amy first saw a Judoon in PROSE: The Forgotten Army. Amy seems to remember this as she does not ask or seem curious about them.
- New Venus was mentioned in TV: The Long Game.
- The Doctor reminds Amy that he is a "madman in a box". (TV: The Eleventh Hour)
- The story was released as an audiobook on 9x CD read by Clive Mantle. It has a running time of 10 hours 50 minutes. Released 11 January 2011. (ISBN 978-1-4084-6814-2)
- The hardback edition was released on 14 October 2010 (ISBN 978-1-84607-983-2)
- A paperback version was released on 4 August 2011 with a different cover. (ISBN 978-1-84990-140-6)
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.