The Completely Useless Encyclopedia
Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
Publisher's summary edit
A desperate attempt to cash in on the popular BBC TV series
At last! It's the book they thought there wasn't a market for; packed with information so trivial we guarantee it will have no relevance to your life (if you have one).
Inside this slender yet reassuringly expensive volume you will find:
- The saddest items of merchandise
- The rudest monsters in Doctor Who
- Absolutely no lavish illustrations
- Season Eighteen
and lots of other things!
"Hilarious, witty ...sorry, which book?" - Sophie Aldred
"So good, it would have taken me a whole day to write it." - Terrance Dicks
"The ideal reference work for you, if you're not a Scarf-Wearing Fanatical Completist (and if you are you'll have to buy it anyway)" - Peter Darvill-Evans
"Nothing in zee world can shtop me now!" - Herman Zaroff
Subject matter edit
A tongue-in-cheek collection of trivia and humorous observations related to Doctor Who.
- Published in 1996, this was the last reference work published by Virgin Publishing under its licence with the BBC that also included previous reference books issued under the Target Books banner.
- The authors subsequently collaborated on a similar work for Star Trek.
- The authors released an updated addendum to this book, The Completely Unofficial Encyclopedia, to tie in with the 2005 series.
Publishing notes edit
To be added