Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Featuring:||DI Patricia Menzies|
|Main enemy:||Antonia Bailey|
|Main setting:||Manchester, 29 February 2008|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||David Darlington|
|Cover by:||Barry Piggott|
|Release date:||February 2008|
|Format:||4 episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Bride of Peladon||The Dark Husband|
The Condemned was the one hundred and fifth monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the first story to feature the pairing of the Sixth Doctor and Charlotte Pollard. It is also the story that introduced Anna Hope as Detective Inspector Patricia Menzies, a character that continues to reappear in audios featuring the Sixth Doctor.
Publisher's summary Edit
"Dr John Smith — you're under arrest. You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court..."
Manchester, 2008. The TARDIS lands inside a run-down tower block, beside a dead body — which leads to some awkward questions when the Doctor is found there by the police. Made the prime suspect, how can the Doctor prove to the no-nonsense DI Patricia Menzies that this is not the open-and-shut case it seems, and that she's actually investigating the death of an alien?
Higher up in Ackley House, a girl named Maxine watches the Doctor being taken away in a squad car. Someone wants her to find out what happened in that room, and isn't going to be happy if she doesn't come up with the goods. But she's got hold of someone who knows — someone very important to the Doctor.
A deadly conspiracy is at work — one whose effects will be felt far beyond the walls of Ackley House...
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- D.I. Patricia Menzies - Anna Hope
- Sam - William Ash
- Maxine - Sara De Freitas
- Dr. Joseph Aldrich - Lennox Greaves
- Robert Slater - James George
- Antonia Bailey / Jane - Diana Morrison
- D.C.I. Turnbull / Goon / Police Officer / Guy in Gym - Stephen Aintree
- P.C. Blackstock / Police Officer / Guy in Gym - Steve Hansell
Drugs and medicines Edit
- This audio drama was recorded on 29 and 30 November 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- An illustrated preview appeared in DWM 392 by Anthony Dry.
- The Sixth Doctor is travelling alone at the start. He is wearing his blue coat.
- Charley has just parted from the Eighth Doctor, whom she believes to be dead. (AUDIO: The Girl Who Never Was)
- Unbeknownst to the Doctor, this is his second encounter with Charley in his personal timeline. In an alternative timeline, the Fourth Doctor previously met both Charley and his eighth incarnation while he was travelling with Leela. On that occasion, he was very impressed with Charley, telling her that he considered her to be very clever. However, he lost all memory of this encounter when the proper timeline was restored. (AUDIO: The Light at the End)
- Although the Sixth Doctor observed Charley in the company of his future self in AUDIO: The 100 Days of the Doctor, he fails to recognise her.
- It would later be revealed in AUDIO: The Crimes of Thomas Brewster that this is not the Doctor's first meeting with DI Menzies in his personal timeline, given that that story depicts his younger self meeting her for the first time in 2010. However, he does not reveal this information to her in The Condemned in order not to disrupt the Web of Time. While Menzies elects not to tell the younger Doctor that she has previously met his future self in The Crimes of Thomas Brewster, he nevertheless correctly guesses that this to be the case.
- The Eighth Doctor would later encounter the Shinx on Lonsis in 2006. (AUDIO: Human Resources)
- Official The Condemned page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Condemned at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide