The Coup was a special Big Finish recording featuring Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart overseeing the shutdown of UNIT and the public exposure of UNIT's purpose and history. It was originally given away with Doctor Who Magazine #351, but was later offered for free download from the Big Finish web site to promote Big Finish's new series of UNIT audio dramas.
Publisher's summary Edit
LONDON, THE NEAR FUTURE: UNIT is finished. The UK Division prepares to cede its authority to a new organisation... But who is attempting to sabotage the hand-over?
to be added
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart - Nicholas Courtney
- Colonel Emily Chaudhry - Siri O'Neal
- Scott Christie - Scott Andrews
- Silurian - Matthew Brehner
- Captain Andrea Winnington - Sara Carver
- Francis Currie - Michael Hobbs
- Sergeant French - Joseph Lidster
- This is the first major case where the public media is made aware of UNIT's work to defend Earth from alien invasions.
- UNIT was meant to hand over its duties to Britain's ICIS - Internal Counter-Intelligence Service.
- The Brigadier introduces the media to the Silurians. He speaks of UNIT's defeat of over two hundred alien invasions, including Axons, Cybermen, Zygons and Quarks.
- This was released as a free CD with Doctor Who Magazine issue 351, along with the Bernice Summerfield audio drama Silver Lining.
- On 1 September 2008, it was made available for free download on Big Finish's website.
- This is the first major case where the public is made aware of UNIT's work to defend Earth from alien invasions. Other events such events as TV: Doomsday and TV: The Stolen Earth further bolstered the general public's knowledge of aliens.
- UNIT had fought the Quarks in COMIC: The Fires Down Below, printed in Doctor Who Magazine itself. Another later strip, City of Devils, had shown UNIT begin to talk peace with a new group of Silurians and Sea Devils.