Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Dark Flame|
|Companion(s):||Ace, Bernice Summerfield|
|Main enemy:||Vilus Krull, Cult of the Dark Flame|
|Main setting:||Orbos and Marran Alpha, 26th century|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Andy Hardwick @ ERS|
|Sound:||Gareth Jenkins @ ERS|
|Cover by:||Lee Binding|
|Release date:||March 2003|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Nekromanteia||Doctor Who and the Pirates|
- You may be looking for the Cyberman-focused comic story of the same name.
The Dark Flame was the forty-second monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the second audio story to feature the "side step" into the Virgin New Adventures series featuring the Seventh Doctor played by Sylvester McCoy, Ace played by Sophie Aldred and Bernice Summerfield played by Lisa Bowerman.
Publisher's summary Edit
A thousand years ago, the evil Cult of the Dark Flame infiltrated every star system in the galaxy. In the history books the Cult is legendary, its despotic leader a terrible memory.
But for some the Dark Flame still burns. For some, its horrifying power is the ultimate goal. All that is required is for the right people to be in the wrong place and time...
An archaeologist and his robot are on the poisonous world of Marran Alpha, where they will uncover a hideous relic. The Doctor and Ace are on their way to the deep space research centre Orbos, where Professor Bernice Summerfield is soon to start the countdown to universal Armageddon.
Four acolytes of Evil.
Three mad scientists.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Joseph / Victor Farrison - Steven Wickham
- Remnex / Vilus Krull - Andrew Westfield
- Slyde - Michael Praed
- Lomar - Hannah Smith
- Broke - Toby Longworth
Energy and radiation Edit
- Black light is defined as not the uv-light.
- The Doctor is sensitive to a parachronic time field.
- The Doctor describes himself as the butterfly of the butterfly effect.
- The Doctor observes that "sleep is for Chelonians."
- This is part of Big Finish's Side Step into Virgin Territory.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 and 27 January 2003 at The Moat Studios.
- Big Finish's later New Adventures-era stories would be Companion Chronicles or novel adaptations.
- Black light as an energy source first appeared in TV: The Mysterious Planet.
- The Cult of the Dark Flame is revisited in the AUDIO: The Draconian Rage.
- The Doctor recalls his former companion Melanie Bush's departure. (TV: Dragonfire)
- The Doctor refers to Ace's time with the military. (PROSE: Deceit)
- Benny mentions the Ogrons. (TV: Day of the Daleks)
- Waking Ace, the Doctor tells her "we've got work to do." (TV: Survival)
- Official The Dark Flame page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Dark Flame at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide