Opening narration box Edit
It seems the Doctor's arrived too late to stop an alien invasion...
Above London a Nim Confederacy spacecraft is giving the humans half an hour to leave their planet. Using his sonic screwdriver to teleport himself aboard, the Doctor learns that the peace-loving Nin believe the Earth is theirs. They bought it from the King of Earth as a new home after theirs was destroyed by solar flares.
The Doctor tries to explain there is no King and that they have been conned, when two other fleets of alien ships arrive. Unlike the Nin, the newcomers, the crocodile-like Ssraarl and the ape-like Hoolox, are warlike races, each believing they have legitimately bought the Earth. The Doctor is unable to reason with them and the Hoolox launch a missile attack on the Earth with enough firepower to make it burn.
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 1/2 DWBIT 65 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED!
to be added