a real world point of view
|The Death Collectors|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||David Darlington|
|Cover by:||Barry Piggott|
|Release date:||June 2008|
|Format:||3 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Assassin in the Limelight||Spider's Shadow|
The Death Collectors was the one hundred and ninth monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions. Released in June 2008 it was the third monthly Seventh Doctor story to feature the Doctor without any travelling companions. It is the first 3 part Seventh Doctor story since 1989's Survival.
Publisher's summary Edit
There is only death.
A virulent disease that killed millions. A missing scientist. An ancient race of salvagers who collect and preserve the dead. The quarantined planet Antikon connects them all.
When the Doctor arrives on a sky station above Antikon, a single accident has already set in motion a chain of events that will mean the death of every living thing.
And the only way he can stop it is to die. Again.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Professor Mors Alexandryn / Guard - Alastair Cording
- Danika Meanwhile - Katherine Parkinson
- Smith Ridley / Dar Traders / Colonel - Derek Carlyle
- Nancy - Katarina Olsson
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor says that he is a personal friend of Death.
- The Doctor previously encountered the Dar Traders during his fifth incarnation in the company of Nyssa, Tegan Jovanka and Adric. (AUDIO: The Darkening Eye)
- The Doctor refers to the fact that he can survive in the vacuum of space for a brief period of time. (TV: Nightmare of Eden, TV: Four to Doomsday, AUDIO: Unregenerate!, TV: The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, PROSE: The Taking of Planet 5)