The Death of Hope was the first full cast audio story in the Dark Eyes 3 audio anthology released in 2014 by Big Finish Productions. It starred Paul McGann as the Doctor and Ruth Bradley as Molly O'Sullivan.
Publisher's summary Edit
Now the survivors may face an even greater threat than the Infinite Armies that surround them. Because a man has appeared from nowhere and claims to offer salvation. A man with a magic travelling box, and a dark-eyed assistant named Molly O'Sullivan.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Molly O'Sullivan - Ruth Bradley
- The Master - Alex MacQueen
- Dr Sally Armstrong - Natalie Burt
- Narvin - Sean Carlsen
- The Eminence - David Sibley
- Hope Gardner - Georgie Fuller
- Leo Gardner - Geoffrey Breton
- Molly O'Sullivan is both immune to the Eminence and a potential cure to its influence.
- The Master refers to Molly as his "Florence Nightingale".
- Sally Armstrong mockingly calls Molly "Mother Theresa".
- This is the only installment of Dark Eyes in which the Doctor has no companion. Even though Molly appears, the Doctor does not interact with her or any other character other than Narvin.
- The Master says that he was once known as a preacher. (COMIC: The Fallen, The Glorious Dead)
- The Doctor recalls leaving Molly and Liv in 1970s London. (AUDIO: Eyes of the Master)
- Narvin mentions the actions of Straxus with respect to Molly. (AUDIO: X and the Daleks)
- Leo mentions the Eminence attack of Delafoss. (AUDIO: Destroy the Infinite)