a real world point of view
|The Deviant Strain|
|Companion(s):||Rose Tyler, Jack Harkness|
|Main enemy:||Spaceship Remotes, Klebanov, Novrosk Scientists|
|Release date:||8 September 2005|
|Format:||Hardcover book 253 pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
|Winner Takes All||Only Human|
Publisher's summary Edit
The Novrosk Peninsula: the Soviet naval base has been abandoned, the nuclear submarines are rusting and rotting. Cold, isolated, forgotten.
Until the Russian Special Forces arrive -- and discover that the Doctor and his companions are here too. But there is something else in Novrosk. Something that predates even the stone circle on the cliff top. Something that is at last waking, hunting, killing....
Can the Doctor and his friends stay alive long enough to learn the truth? With time running out, they must discover who is really responsible for the Deviant Strain...
- The crashed spaceship comes from an obscure group or race called the Arcane Collegiate.
Story notes Edit
- The "Deviant Strain" is also the name commonly applied to the "Doctor Who" font, which has been seen many times in spinoff material in the revived series, including the cover of the revived series novels.
- Later reprints of this book removed the image of Billie Piper from the cover, presumably due to use-of-likeness issues after she had left the programme.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
to be added
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook read by Stuart Milligan.
- The audiobook is only available as a download from the AudioGo website.
- Detailed synopsis of The Deviant Strain at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Deviant Strain at The Whoniverse