|The Devil Goblins from Neptune|
|Featuring:||The Brig, Mike Yates, Benton|
|Main enemy:||The CIA, The Waro|
|Writer:||Martin Day and Keith Topping|
|Release date:||2 June 1997|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 30 Chapters, 288 Pages|
|BBC Past Doctor Adventures|
|none||The Murder Game|
Publisher's summary Edit
From the outer reaches of the Solar System, alien eyes are surveying the Earth. Eyes as cold and cruel as the methane ice that shrouds their distant world...
The Doctor is perturbed when a spate of deaths follows the break-up of an alien mass in the atmosphere. But this is merely the latest incident in a sinister conspiracy that threatens the entire planet, and the Doctor himself is embroiled in the plans of all the players.
The Brigadier's concern is heightened by the possibility of traitors at the very heart of UNIT. Leaving for Geneva to discover the truth, he little realises the deadly motives of an enemy agent on his own doorstep. The Doctor and Liz, meanwhile, discover that London doesn't have a monopoly on alien invasions.
What are the gargoyle-like creatures that kill without mercy? What do they want from our planet — and how do they figure in top-secret governmental plans?
As the lines between allies and enemies begin to blur, the Doctor finds himself fighting to save Earth once again. But who will he be saving it for?
Chapter Titles Edit
- First Prologue: From Russia
- Second Prologue: The Spy Who Came In
- Part 1: Any Frontier
- First Interlude: Up In The Sky
- Part 2: Blood of the Lamb
- Second Interlude: The Great Snake at the Bottom of the World
- Part 3: I, Spy
- Third Interlude: Black Angel's Death Song
- Part 4: Way Out
- Fourth Interlude: Elimination Time
- Part 5: Come Together
- Fifth Interlude: The Four Symbols of the Saucer People
- Part 6: Subtle Energies Commission
- Sixth Interlude: Dreamtime
- Part 7: The Happening
- First Epilogue: No Win Situation
- Second Epilogue: Feeling Supersonic
to be added
- Third Doctor
- Liz Shaw
- Mike Yates
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
- John Benton
- Bernard Trainor
- Bruce Davis
- Valentina Shuskin
- Viscount Rose
- Thomas Bruce
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor can perform a Time Lord rite called Soul Catching; however, he is not very good at it.
- Mike Yates' full name is Michael Alexander Raymond Yates.
- Thomas Bruce infiltrates UNIT HQ, claiming to be an American UNIT soldier named Bruce Davis.
- The Brigadier can speak French.
- Bernard Trainor is acquainted with Rachel Jensen.
United Nations Intelligence Taskforce Edit
- UNIT has branches in Russia and the United States of America
- UNIT US discovered a second Silurian base in Oregon.
- The Doctor tells Benton that he has met the Duke of Wellington and Napoléon Bonaparte. (PROSE: World Game; AUDIO: Mother Russia)
- The Doctor refers to Quinnis in the fourth universe, where he trained as a ninja. Quinnis was the final planet visited by the First Doctor and his granddaughter Susan Foreman before the TARDIS materialised in London in 1963. (TV: The Edge of Destruction; AUDIO: Quinnis)
- The Doctor and the Brigadier both refer to International Electromatics. (TV: The Invasion)
- Brendan Trainor mentions Rachel Jensen (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks) and Vortis. (TV: The Web Planet)
- The Brigadier mentions Major Jimmy Turner (TV: The Invasion) and Major Cosworth. (TV: The Mind of Evil)
- The Devil Goblins from Neptune at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Devil Goblins from Neptune at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Devil Goblins from Neptune