|The Devil and Miss Carew|
|Featuring:||Jack, Gwen, Ianto|
|Main enemy:||Miss Carew, Fitzroy|
|Main setting:||Cardiff, 2009|
|Release date:||11 July 2011 (Radio 4)|
|BBC Torchwood audio dramas|
|The Dead Line||Submission|
Publisher summary Edit
When Rhys's elderly Uncle Bryn has a heart attack while listening to the shipping forecast, it seems like another routine death at Ivyday Nursing Home. But when Rhys and Gwen go to collect the old man's effects, Gwen's suspicions are roused by another elderly resident. The conversation is cut short, though, by a fire alarm, one of many consequences of the mysterious power cuts that are sweeping the nation. Gwen has a hunch that something is wrong and her search leads her to Miss Carew, a suspiciously fit and strong octogenarian who, despite having supposedly terminal heart disease, has left Ivyday and gone back to work at the Computer firm she used to run. Miss Carew has been offered a deal by Fitzroy, a wandering alien with an aversion to electricity who is looking for a home. It's a deal that Miss Carew can't refuse. But the consequences for planet Earth are unthinkable.
to be added
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Gwen Cooper - Eve Myles
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Rhys Williams - Kai Owen
- Fitzroy - Martin Jarvis
- Miss Carew - Juliet Mills
- Sian - Hayley J Williams
- Uncle Bryn - James Walsh
- Old Lady - Shelley Rees
- Jack says he wishes he had stolen the sonic screwdriver.
to be added
- Rhys asks Gwen if he could become a full-fledged member of Torchwood. This foreshadows his major involvements with the institute in TV: Children of Earth.
Download and CD release Edit
- The story is also available as a download from the AudioGo website.