Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
- You may be looking for Doctor Who: The Official Cookbook.
The Doctor Who Cookbook was an activity book published by W. H. Allen.
Publisher's summary Edit
However, we humans need something a little more substantial, and Gary Downie has raided the cookbooks of the show's stars to produce a mouth-watering selection of recipes guaranteed to delight your taste-buds.
Subject matter Edit
- The Doctor Who Cookbook is a cookbook with recipes contributed by cast and crew from Doctor Who, both current and past.
Notable features Edit
- Each contribution is accompanied by a small bio of the person who contributed the recipe.
- While the recipes may have Doctor Who influenced names, they are perfectly normal dishes.
- There are various illustrations throughout the book provided by fan artist Gail Bennett, as well as photographs of several actors from the show at work in their kitchens, including Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant.
- Author Downie was production manager on Doctor Who, and was the partner of series executive producer John Nathan-Turner until Nathan-Turner's death in 2002.
- In the audio story The Kingmaker, while talking about his series Doctor Who Discovers, the Fifth Doctor says, "It was either that or write a novelty cookbook."