Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a work of non-fiction.
Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
|The Doctor Who Dinosaur Book|
|Written by:||Terrance Dicks|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W. H. Allen|
|Release date:||16 December 1976|
|Format:||stapled large format paperback, 64 pages|
Subject matter Edit
- The Doctor and the TARDIS takes the reader on a voyage of discovery.
Contents (double-page spreads) Edit
- The Age of the Dinosaurs
- Allosaurus v Apatosaurus
- Allosaurus v Stegosaurus
- Pterodactylus & Archaeopteryx
- Struthiomimus & Albertosaurus
- Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Fighting Tyrannosaurs
- The End of the Dinosaurs
- An Animal Called Man
- A Dinosaur Montage
Notable features Edit
- This title included a pull-out stapled poster featuring the cover artwork by George Underwood.
- Following the success of The Doctor Who Dinosaur Book a range of educational books (Doctor Who Discovers), following a similar format, was launched in February 1977.
- This title had a print run of 75,000 copies and was priced 75p (UK).
- Terrance Dicks is not credited as the writer on the cover, but is inside.
- The book opens with a letter signed "The Doctor".
- Series editor: Fred Newman
- Series Designer: Frank Ainscough
- Cover Artwork and Internal Illustration: George Underwood