|The Doctor Who Files Collector's Edition|
|Publisher:||BBC Children's Books|
|Release date:||1 October 2009|
|Format:||Large format hardback 496 pages slipcased|
Subject matter Edit
This collected edition updates all previously released Doctor Who Files without the prose fiction. It covers the Tenth Doctor's adventures from The Christmas Invasion to The Next Doctor. The Test Your Knowledge multiple choice questions are retained, but without the foldout flaps of the original volumes.
Publisher's summary Edit
This collector's edition contains all fourteen of the original Doctor Who Files and also includes two never before seen files. Discover all there is to know about the Doctor's travelling companion Donna and his Time Lord Nemesis, the Master.
- The Doctor
- The Slitheen
- The Sycorax
- The Daleks
- The Cybermen
- Captain Jack
- The Cult of Skaro
- The TARDIS
- The Sontarran
- The Ood
- The Master
- Travelling On
Notable features Edit
- Lavishly illustrated throughout with photographs from the series with several full page images.
- Although "updated" to include content from Series Four, the previously released Doctor Who Files are erratically updated. This is particularly troublesome because of the overlapping nature of the files themselves, making this volume a little unfriendly at times with its lack of progression and no particular structure to follow through. Most of the Series Four additions are in the final few pages, which is a shame as the Children of Time's involvement seems to be added rather than incorporated in the main files under their specific headings.
- On its plus side it does make occasional reference to other adventures like Attack of the Graske and some of the Doctor Who novels. The Master and Donna material is a welcome addition.
- A blue and silver, magnetically bound, boxed cover featuring the TARDIS on the cover with back cover text reading, "I like that, 'Allons-y'. I should say allons-y more often. Look sharp Rose Tyler, Allons-y! and then it would be really brilliant if I met someone called Alonso, 'cause then I could say Allons-y Alonso every time..."
- A matching hexagonal sticker on the front declares "The Doctor Who Files Collector's Edition includes previously unpublished content RRP £30."
Publication history Edit
- This Collectors Edition hardback only title with a boxed case, was priced £30 (UK).
- As of November 2010, Amazon.co.uk was listing a separate publication of the Donna file for release on 1st December 2010.