Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
|The Doctor Who Monster Book|
|Written by:||Terrance Dicks|
|Release date:||20 November 1975|
|Format:||Large format stapled paperback, 64 black and white pages|
Publisher's summary Edit
None. The back cover is given over to thumbnail images of the first sixteen Target covers.
Subject matter Edit
- Who is Doctor Who? and the monsters that have attacked the Doctor throughout his many lives... Up to and including TV: Terror of the Zygons.
Notable features Edit
- This book mixes large photographs, black and white illustations from the Target novelisation covers and rudimentary text by Terrance Dicks.
- Features: The Daleks, Ogrons, Exxilons, Bellal, Davros, Cybermen, Vogans, Ice Warriors, Monster of Peladon, Yeti, Autons, Silurians, Sea Devils, Sontarans, Styre, Linx, Zarbi, Sensorites, Mechanoids, Axons, Mining Robot and Guardian, Dæmons, Bok, Omega, Gell guards, Draconians, Giant Maggots, Dinosaurs, Spiders, Giant Robot, Wirrn and Zygons.
- This large sized paperback with a cover by Chris Achilleos, included a free pull out poster stapled in the middle of the cover artwork.
- The TARDIS is referred to throughout as the Tardis standing for Time And Relative Dimensions in Time.
- This sized format with poster proved successful enough to be used again in the The Doctor Who Dinosaur Book and for the Doctor Who Discovers books.
- The first edition had a print run of 100,000 copies and was priced at 50p (UK)
- The Second Doctor Who Monster Book was later released covering the further adventures of the Fourth Doctor
- A re-issued version of this title with the Doctor Who neon logo and some changed photos, and without the poster, was published on 16 May 1985 with the same ISBN, priced at £1.95 (UK) and had a print run of 30,000.
- The information presented in works such as The Doctor Who Technical Manual, The Terrestrial Index, The Doctor Who Monster Book, The Brilliant Book 2012 and similar works should be restricted to the "behind the scenes" sections of in-universe articles when works such as these present information outside of a narrative structure.