|The Doctor and the Nurse|
|Main setting:||London, 17 October 1814|
|Editor:||Denton J. Tipton|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who (2012) #3 - 4|
|Release date:||December 2012 - January 2013|
|Format:||American comic book 2 issues|
|Doctor Who (2012)|
|Hypothetical Gentleman||The Eye of Ashaya|
The Doctor and the Nurse was a two-issue comic story from the Doctor Who (2012) range.
The stress from their past few adventures have the Doctor and Rory at each other's throats, and Amy has had just about enough. So she sends them on a boy's night out, must to their chagrin, but with a TARDIS at their disposal.
to be added
- The Doctor, Amy and Rory escape from the Siblinghood of Saint Augustine, Physicist on Hipponensis 3 in 7213.
- The Doctor and Rory visit London on 17 October 1940, where they save Ian Fleming from a bomb and become the inspiration for James Bond.
- They then visit the future site of Los Angeles, California of 35,000 years ago, where the TARDIS becomes stuck in a tar pit and they encounter a mammoth and a sabre-toothed tiger.
- The Doctor and Rory briefly visit Dunlop Station, 2133; London, 1588; a futuristic city; medieval Japan; a planet with a pink sky and six-legged birds; Machu Picchu; and the Moon some time after the Apollo 11 landing. They also visit a shrunken New York City in the 1930s which was being menaced by a normal-sized gorilla, and were captured by Cybermen while refuelling at the Cardiff Space-Time Rift in 2013.
- The London Beer Flood is a fixed point in time which the Silence seek to preserve.
to be added
- The Doctor opens the TARDIS doors by snapping his fingers. (TV: Forest of the Dead)
- Rory mentions the time the Doctor came back for Amy 36 years too late. (TV: The Girl Who Waited)
- The TARDIS has a fast return lever, which appears to be either a new name or a replacement for the fast return switch. (TV: The Edge of Destruction)
- The TARDIS previously became stuck in a tar pit in PROSE: Blood Heat.
- The Doctor refuels the TARDIS at the Cardiff Space-Time Rift. (TV: Boom Town) Though the rift had apparently closed beforehand in 2009, (AUDIO: The House of the Dead) temporal disturbances were shown to persist in 2017. (AUDIO: More Than This)
Cover gallery Edit