|The Doomsday Quatrain|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Release date:||September 2011|
|Format:||2 CDs, 4 parts|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Recorded Time and Other Stories||House of Blue Fire|
Publisher's summary Edit
"When the river is gone, ships shall sail in the sky, monsters bring fire from the heavens. All will fall into a grey and endless sea, and Doomsday has come."
Florence, the sixteenth century: no one thought to pay much attention to the prophecies of the so-called seer Michel de Nostradame, otherwise known as Nostradamus. Until the canals of Venice dried. Until the soothsayer's sayings started coming true…
Because Master Nostradamus is right, in all respects. The end of the world is nigh. The ships are coming. The monsters are coming. The fire is coming. There's only one thing he didn’t see coming, in fact: the sudden apparition of a certain strange Doctor, in his even stranger TARDIS. Today, the Earth dies screaming. And all the Doctor can do is watch.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Nostradamus/Conclave Leader - David Schofield
- Brors/Captain of the Guard/Bernardo - John Banks
- Garilund/Computer Voice - Caroline Keiff
- Kren/Second Nuncio - Derek Carlyle
- Larrett/Milo/First Nuncio - Nicholas Chambers
- Nostradamus mistakenly believes that Gallifrey is located in the south of France.
- The Doctor mentions that the end of the world will not happen for "several millennia yet" and that he was there to witness it.
- The Doctor once helped the reigning Duke of Medici's great-great-great-grandfather during a spot of bother with the Borgias.
- The Doctor has never previously encountered the Kro, who are in their 82nd generation. Consequently, he does not recognise their ship design. In his personal future, he will encounter the Kro of the 40th generation.
- The Doctor tries to visit the planet Celdor.
- The Doctor mentions that Nostradamus' wife once knitted him a "rather fetching scarf." (TV: The Ark in Space)
- Official The Doomsday Quatrain page at bigfinish.com
- The Doomsday Quatrain at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for The Doomsday Quatrain at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide