The Draconian Rage was the second audio story of the fourth season of the Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series. It was a sequel to the Doctor Who Big Finish audio story The Dark Flame, and was the first story since 1999's Mindgame Trilogy produced by Reeltime Pictures to feature the Draconians in a performed story.
Publisher's summary Edit
On the fringes of the Draconian Empire, an entire planet has gone mad: twenty million Draconians lie dead -- victims of an ancient, apocalyptic suicide ritual. Now the Draconians need an archaeologist -- and in particular they want Professor Bernice Summerfield.
Female and human, Benny is everything a Draconian distrusts... So why has she been invited to the very heart of the Imperial Homeworld? As an age-old conspiracy deepens around her, and her own bad memories are disturbed, Benny wonders if she can really trust the Draconians...
...and, even worse, if she can even trust herself...
to be added
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Irving Braxiatel - Miles Richardson
- Emperor Shenn - Philip Bretherton
- Lord Paranash - Kraig Thornber
- Lord Vasar - Johnson Willis
- Benny gets invited to the Draconian home world.
- This is the first story to feature a direct link between a Big Finish Doctor Who audio drama (starring Bernice Summerfield) and the Bernice Summerfield series.
- This audio drama was recorded on 31 January 2003.
- The Cult of the Dark Flame last appeared in AUDIO: The Dark Flame; this story directly references those events.
- The Draconians first appeared in TV: Frontier in Space.
- Peter Summerfield no longer makes noises that will destroy a building. (PROSE: The Glass Prison)