The Draconian Rage was the second audio story of the fourth season of the Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series. It was a sequel to the Doctor Who Big Finish audio story The Dark Flame, and was the first story since 1999's Mindgame Trilogy produced by Reeltime Pictures to feature the Draconians in a performed story.
Publisher's summary Edit
On the fringes of the Draconian Empire, an entire planet has gone mad: twenty million Draconians lie dead -- victims of an ancient, apocalyptic suicide ritual. Now the Draconians need an archaeologist -- and in particular they want Professor Bernice Summerfield.
Female and human, Benny is everything a Draconian distrusts... So why has she been invited to the very heart of the Imperial Homeworld? As an age-old conspiracy deepens around her, and her own bad memories are disturbed, Benny wonders if she can really trust the Draconians...
...and, even worse, if she can even trust herself...
to be added
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Irving Braxiatel - Miles Richardson
- Emperor Shenn - Philip Bretherton
- Lord Paranash - Kraig Thornber
- Lord Vasar - Johnson Willis
- The skull of Vilus Krull was recovered from Marran Alpha. Krull himself was from Tranagus, and this is where he came in contact with the Dark Flame, which Bernice describes as an energy being from the end of time.
- Bernice is between 40 and 45. She does not believe in destiny. She is a "colonial;" she a human, but from the colony world Beta Caprisis rather than Earth.
- Emperor Shen discusses a Draconian philosopher who lived circa 274984, 2000 years before William Shakespeare, who lived 800 years ago.
- Paranash's broodfather died in the battle of Charon during the Dragon War.
- When Bernice believes the Dark Flame is in her head, she worries if it was passed on to Peter.
- Bernice describes Shen as "Emperor of half the galaxy."
- Benny gets invited to the Draconian home world, and arrives in it's oldest city, Dralos.
- Tranagus, in the trona sector, was part of the Earth Empire, but is now a colony world of the Draconian Empire via the trona agreement.
- There is a Draconian embassy on Earth.
- Draconians have three hearts: one for lies, one for truth, and one for the Empire.
- They have green blood.
- It is tradition for traitors to the Empire to be decapitated.
- Draconian eras include the Arken millennia, which predates the Imperial age, the 3rd dynasty, and the 10th dynasty.
- Draconians don't like humans, and dislike females even less.
The Dark Flame Edit
- The Cult of the Dark Flame is a thousand years old, with agents across the galaxy.
- As a message, the Dark Flame made 20 million Draconians on Tranagus commit suicide. This is being called the "Draconian Rage" by Earth media, cited as an epidemic of space rage.
- The Emperor has a star shuttle and wears a laser-proof vest.
- The Draconians have on display the remains of a starbuster missile, a relic of the last great war between Earth and Draconia.
- An anti-photon globe renders the contents invisible.
- Draconian spaceports have five levels of antibacterial sterilization.
- Vasar has a rubber duck.
- Rat-worms are poison-carrying mutant vermin that can strip people to the bone. They live in the sewers of Dralos.
- This is the first story to feature a direct link between a Big Finish Doctor Who audio drama (starring Bernice Summerfield) and the Bernice Summerfield series.
- This audio drama was recorded on 31 January 2003.
- The Draconians first appeared in Frontier in Space.
- The skull of Vilus Krull and Marran Alpha are referred to numerous times, which Bernice says happened "years ago." (AUDIO: The Dark Flame)
- Bernice exclaims "Goddess." (AUDIO: The Shadow of the Scourge
- Peter Summerfield no longer makes noises that will destroy a building. (PROSE: The Glass Prison)
- Draconians utilise air cars. (TV: The Pirate Planet