Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Drowned World|
|Main setting:||Ely, England|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Sound:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Read by:||Jean Marsh|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||July 2009|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|The Stealers from Saiph||The Glorious Revolution|
Publisher's summary Edit
To the Elders of this ruined world, Sara is a ghost, a phantom that must be excised. She must prove her right to exist, and she does so with stories. Stories of a time when she travelled the universe with an ancient Doctor and his heroic companion Steven inside a magical space/time ship called the TARDIS.
And one story in particular could make a difference. The one about their trip to a world covered in water, where a human expedition is being wiped out. It's a battle to survive, as the travellers face the horrors of the drowned world...
The Rising Tide (1) Edit
to be added
The Drowned World (2) Edit
to be added
to be added
- "The Drowned World" is the name of a 1962 science fiction novel by J.G. Ballard.
- Unusually, the frame story takes place over the course of approximately twelve years.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 March 2009.
- Robert once again relates the story of the Doctor, Steven and Sara's first visit to the intelligent house in Ely a thousand years earlier. (AUDIO: Home Truths)
- Sara once again mentions to Robert that during her travels with the Doctor and Steven, she visited Hollywood in 1921 (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan), that a small boy, who was also named Robert, died in her arms on Mars (PROSE: The Little Drummer Boy) and that she encountered a withered old man who was trapped in the workings of a clock (AUDIO: The Guardian of the Solar System).
- Sara and Robert discuss her visit to the intelligent house in Ely a thousand years earlier. (AUDIO: Home Truths)
- Robert's daughter remained with him in the house for ten years before deciding to leave to explore the outside world. (AUDIO: The Guardian of the Solar System)