|The Edge of Destruction|
|Based on:||The Edge of Destruction|
|Companion(s):||Susan, Barbara, Ian|
|Main setting:||The TARDIS|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen|
|Read by:||William Russell|
|Cover by:||Alister Pearson|
|Release date:||20 October 1988|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions; 14 Chapters, 120 Pages|
|Doctor Who in an Exciting Adventure with the Daleks||Marco Polo|
Publisher's summary Edit
With a violent explosion, the TARDIS blacks out and the crew find themselves trapped inside.
A simple technical fault? Sabotage? Or something even more sinister? Tension mounts as the Doctor and his companions begin to suspect one another.
What has happened to the TARDIS?
Slowly a terrifying suspicion dawns. Has the TARDIS become the prisoner of some powerful fifth intelligence which is even now haunting the time-machine's dark and gloomy corridors?
Chapter titles Edit
- The Seeds of Suspicion
- Inside the Machine
- 'Like a Person Possessed'
- The End of Time
- The Haunting
- The Brink of Disaster
- A Race Against Time
Deviations from televised story Edit
- Barbara hallucinates that Ian had too much to drink at the Cricketers.
- An original scene features the Doctor and Ian in the TARDIS engine rooms.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- This novelisation was originally offered to Stephen James Walker, but as a two-parter. It was declined and instead written by Nigel Robinson.
- The inside back cover includes colour Fantastic Doctor Who Poster Offers!-but instead of poster ordering details, the page details how to order Star books!
Cover gallery Edit
British publication history Edit
Hardback (May 1988)
- W.H.Allen & Co. Ltd. UK ISBN:0491031386, estimated print run: 1,000, priced £7.95)
Paperback (October 1988)
- Target / W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. One single paperback edition, estimated print run: 23,000, priced £1.99 (UK).
The audio set of four CDs was released in January 2011 priced £13.99 (UK)
to be added