|The Eight Truths|
|Main enemy:||Eight Legs|
|Main setting:||London and Buckinghamshire, 21 October to 10 November 2015|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Martin Johnson|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||September 2009|
|The New Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|The Cannibalists||Worldwide Web|
The Eight Truths was the seventh release of the third series of Big Finish Productions' The New Eighth Doctor Adventures audio stories. This story continues in Worldwide Web. This is the first story to feature the Eight Legs since the 1999 short story Return of the Spiders. They were first introduced in Jon Pertwee's last Doctor Who television story Planet of the Spiders broadcast in 1974.
Publisher's summary Edit
Perhaps there's someone who can help. A chance encounter with an old sparring partner leads Lucie to the Eightfold Truth — a bunch of crystal-bearing cranks who reckon a rebel sun is on its way to purge the Earth. As if!
But what if they're right?
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Clark Goodman - Stephen Moore
- Kelly Westwood - Sophie Winkleman
- Dr. Avishka Sangakkara - Sanjeev Bhaskar
- The Headhunter - Katarina Olsson
- Karen Coltraine - Kerry Godliman
- Rob - Richard Earl
- David - Anthony Spargo
- Queen - Beth Chalmers
- Newsreader - Barnaby Edwards
- In 2015, relations between the United States and Cuba remain tense.
- The Centre of Balance was founded by Clark Goodman in 1987. It has 244 million members worldwide. Its membership has increased fivefold since 2010. The Centre's headquarters is the former BBC Television Centre.
- The United Kingdom's space programme is fully operational but retains an reputation for amateurism.
- The Doctor uses his UNIT credentials to gain access to the information about the space probe.
- The Doctor mentions Orbis.
- The story begins on 21 October 2015. This is the same future date to which Marty McFly and Doc Brown travelled in the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II.
- This audio drama was recorded on 25 September and 23 October 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- The story was initially released as a download on the Big Finish website on 30 May and 6 June 23 May 2009.
- Kelly Westwood mentions the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy on 22 November 1963. (PROSE: Who Killed Kennedy, TV: Rose)
- The story features the Eight Legs and Metebelis crystals. The Doctor also alludes to his third incarnation's death from radiation poisoning. (TV: Planet of the Spiders)
- Official The Eight Truths page at bigfinish.com
- The Eight Truths at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for The Eight Truths at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide