|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Writer:||John Dorney, from a story by Barbara Clegg|
|Music:||Fool Circle Productions|
|Release date:||October 2011|
|Format:||4 episodes on 2 CDs|
|The Lost Stories|
- You may be looking for The Elite.
The Elite was the first story in the third series of The Lost Stories.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor offers Tegan and Nyssa a trip to the paradise world of Florana, but instead the TARDIS takes them to a domed city on a planet scarred by warfare. A world where everyone is young, and fighting for the glory of the Elite...
Hidden away in the Cathedral of Power, the High Priest is watching. It knows the Doctor, and his arrival changes everything...
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
Part three Edit
to be added
Part four Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Tegan Jovanka - Janet Fielding
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Aubron - Joe Coen
- Thane - Ryan Sampson
- Alaric - Derek Carlyle
- Stemp - Joannah Tincey
- High Priest - Arthur Wallis
- Garthak - John Banks
- Ella - Ellie Burrow
- Computers are used to fly bombing runs.
Foods and beverages Edit
- The Dalek's voice changes depending on whether it is within its Dalek casing or not, or within the casing/Throne built by the inhabitants.
- Trains are used to transport people to the factories.
- This is the first Lost Story to feature the Fifth Doctor.
- This story, had it been produced as a television story, would have been Nyssa and Tegan's first story with the Daleks. However, at this point, Nyssa has already encountered the Daleks several times during her time with the Doctor.
- In the original unmade TV story, the Doctor would have made balloon animals. In this story, he shares around chocolate.
- In the original TV version of the story, the children would have been younger, about nine or ten. Big Finish replaced the children with young adults due to the necessities of finding actors who can act well in an audio medium.
- This audio drama was recorded on 22 and 23 November 2010.
- This story establishes that a lengthy amount of time has passed since Tegan left the Doctor and Nyssa.
- Nyssa and Tegan spent several days on holiday in Amsterdam in January 1983 (TV: Arc of Infinity) while the Doctor was dealing with Omega in the Sector of Forgotten Souls. (AUDIO: Omega) In the interim, the Doctor visited Sharnax, a planet in the Drashani Empire. (AUDIO: The Burning Prince)
- Tegan complains that she'll have to ware the same clothes for weeks, and Nyssa asks what's wrong with that as she always wore her Trakenite outfit. (TV: The Keeper of Traken to Arc of Infinity) This may have prompted her to begin dressing differently. (TV: Snakedance)
- The Third Doctor had previously intended to take Sarah Jane Smith on a visit to Florana (TV: Invasion of the Dinosaurs) but his efforts were unsuccessful. (TV: Death to the Daleks)
- Tegan refers to her possession by the Mara and her subsequent attempt to kill the Doctor. (TV: Kinda)
- Nyssa previously encountered the Daleks in two alternative timelines (AUDIO: The Mutant Phase, Renaissance of the Daleks) and in Stockbridge in the 45th century, (AUDIO: Plague of the Daleks) whereas Tegan would encounter them once again in London in 1984, an experience which resulted in her departing the TARDIS. (TV: Resurrection of the Daleks)
- After dealing with the Elite, the Doctor, Nyssa and Tegan spend several days on holiday in Brisbane, Australia in 1983. (AUDIO: Hexagora)
- The Doctor refers to his encounter with the Rosemariners on Earth Station 454 during his second incarnation. (AUDIO: The Rosemariners)