The Elixir of Doom was the eleventh story of the eighth series in the Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Paul Magrs and featured Jo Grant and Iris Wildthyme.
Publisher's summary Edit
Once, Jo Grant travelled in Space and Time with the Doctor. Now, she is travelling with trans-temporal adventuress Iris Wildthyme.
Monster movies are all the rage.
But sometimes monsters are real...
to be added
- Iris and Jo visit Mann's Chinese Theatre.
- The Third Doctor and Jo visited Los Angeles in 1973, where they encountered a vampire.
- Iris carries psychic money in her handbag.
- Vita Monet starred in numerous horror films. Jo met her as an elderly woman on her previous visit to Hollywood in 1973.
- Iris worked as an extra in several silent films, including one about Boudica.
- The Eighth Doctor once met Iris in Darlington.
- Jo describes the Eighth Doctor as "very dashing."
- Leopard Boy Meets the Human Jelly was partially filmed at Cosmic Pictures Studios. However, the film was never completed as something terrible happened on the set.
- Iris describes the Doctor as "that dilettante fop."
- The Doctor has grey eyes.
- The Elixir of Doom is a drink that Iris once brought to a party. It came from the lost tomb of the High Atrixians.
- Along with AUDIO: Solitaire, this is one of only two Companion Chronicles to feature the Eighth Doctor. It is also the second Companion Chronicle to pair Iris Wildthyme and Jo Grant, who previously appeared in AUDIO: Find and Replace.
- This story was recorded on 1 November 2011.
- Iris tells Jo that she was present at the Siege of Colchester in 60. The same was true of the Fourth Doctor and Leela. (AUDIO: The Wrath of the Iceni)
- The Doctor recognises Iris from their adventure with Samantha Jones on Hyspero. (PROSE: The Scarlet Empress)
- Iris says that she lost many of her memories. (AUDIO: Wildthyme at Large)
- Jo recognises the tune when the Doctor sings Venusian lullaby to the lizard man. (TV: The Curse of Peladon)