Publisher's summary Edit
to be added
- Professor Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- The Doctor - David Warner
- Sister Christie - Lizzie Hopley
- Ampz - Shvorne Marls
- Forz - Gus Brown
- Elevator - Scott Handcock
- Mother Superior - Rowena Cooper
- The Master - Sam Kisgart
The Master Edit
- The Master is using the title "The Manager" as an alias.
- According to the Master, he and the Doctor both worked together to build the Emporium. When the War hit, the Doctor ran away. The Doctor does not recall it but accepts that it could be a possibility due to his recent memory loss.
- Bernice finds a sonic screwdriver and states that "her" Doctor would recognise it. She also notes that she doesn't recognise this particular model.
The Emporium Edit
- Poorer customers are able to sell their memories to buy items if they do not have enough credits.
- As Bernice finds out first hand, the gateway does not actually lead to another universe. In fact, it atomises anyone who walks into it.
This Universe Edit
- Due to the Master's use of "smoke and mirrors", as the Doctor refers to it, stars and galaxies are missing. The Master has made it seem to customers as though it's the end of the universe.
- The Doctor sells his memories to expand the lifespan of the universe by a few thousand years.
The TARDIS Edit
- The TARDIS is still finding it difficult to travel far in time and space. At any one time, she is limited to the number of planets she can reach due to the power it takes to get there.
- The Mother Superior and her nuns continue to refresh and calm themselves with tea.
- The Mother Superior gives bottles of holy wine to 'the Manager' and Benny during their meeting but refuses to drink it herself at first.
- Later, the Mother Superior and Benny get themselves drunk on wine.
to be added
- The Doctor does not remember the Master's face from their previous meeting in Hong Kong on 30 June 1997. (AUDIO: Sympathy for the Devil)
- Bernice Summerfield procures a sonic screwdriver, saying that "her" Doctor would know what it is. (TV: Fury from the Deep et al)
- The Doctor continues to refer to himself as the King and President of the Universe. (AUDIO: Sympathy for the Devil)
- Upon hearing the Doctor's identity, most people recognise him but do not show him any form of affection. (AUDIO: The Library in the Body)
- The Doctor and Benny once again meet the Mother Superior and her nuns. (AUDIO: The Library in the Body)