|The End of Time|
|Main enemy:||The Darksmith Collective|
|Main setting:||The Space Brain|
|Publisher:||BBC Children's Books|
|Release date:||24 September 2009|
|Format:||Softcover book, 128 pages|
|BBC Tenth Doctor Adventures: The Darksmith Legacy|
|The Art of War||none|
- You may be looking for the TV story.
The End of Time is the tenth and final book in The Darksmith Legacy series.
The Krashoks commissioned the Darksmith Collective to fashion a device that creates life. The Krashoks, after waiting for centuries, have finally had their contract fulfilled. They intend to detonate the Eternity Crystal unless the Tenth Doctor can stop them. To make matters worse, Gisella is trapped on the Krashoks' ship. Can the Doctor save Gisella and destroy the Eternity Crystal once and for all?
- The title of the concluding book in the series shares its name with the final David Tennant story, TV: The End of Time.
- Interspersed with the main fiction is;
- TARDIS Data Bank (extra information ).
- Activity pages x3 (The puzzle solutions give the reader the chance to think like the Doctor!)
- The Story so far, next instalment cover preview and opening preview.
- The Darksmith Legacy's overall story was devised by Justin Richards, who contributed four of the ten titles.
- The Darksmith Legacy was certificated to 13, with under 13's needing parental approval.
- Each book in the series was priced £4.99 (UK) and featured a foiled cover with illustration by Peter McKinstry. The Canadian price increased as the series progressed, from $8.99 to $9.99.
Interactive Website Content
By visiting the website and participating in the Quest, participants can unlock additional content, like computer wallpapers, to download. The Quest itself features; games - (like finding a specific target in an image, by using the sonic screwdriver as a detector, to hone in (to register 100 on the scale). Once located, the 'Target' provides additional information used in further puzzles involving both words and numbers.
to be added