It was notable for being a rare example of a Big Finish audio which had been commissioned as a result of an open invitation for scripts. Writer Rick Briggs won out over about a thousand other submissions.
Publisher's summary Edit
A lost prog rock symphony is unearthed from the vaults — with catastrophic consequences for the entire cosmos.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Erisi - Andree Bernard
- Naloom - Ian Brooker
- Mrs Moloney - Joanna Munro
- Geoff Cooper - James Fleet
- Entropy Sirens are an ancient race, existing just after the creation of the universe.
- The Terileptis Event Horizon Fold is, according to the Doctor, the most magnificent sunrise in the area of space-time he and Nyssa are in.
- Other such "open submission" scripts can be found on Short Trips: Volume 1 and its successors.
- Nyssa refers to "The Entropy Composition" as the "music of the spheres", a name used by the Doctor to describe a different phenomenon in the mini-episode of that name.
- Mrs Moloney queries whether the Doctor is wearing a vegetable, to which he replies, "It's decorative" — thereby echoing the Tenth Doctor's assessment of the his fifth incarnation's celery. (TV: Time Crash)
- Nyssa is still thinking about her happy childhood on Traken. (AUDIO: The Demons of Red Lodge)
- Official The Demons of Red Lodge and Other Stories page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Demons of Red Lodge and other stories at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide