The Entropy Composition was the second story in the audio anthology, The Demons of Red Lodge and Other Stories, which comprised the one hundred and forty-second release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Rick Briggs and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor and Sarah Sutton as Nyssa.
It was notable for being a rare example of a Big Finish audio which had been commissioned as a result of an open invitation for scripts. Briggs won out over about a thousand other submissions.
Publisher's summary Edit
A lost prog rock symphony is unearthed from the vaults — with catastrophic consequences for the entire cosmos.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Erisi - Andree Bernard
- Naloom - Ian Brooker
- Mrs Moloney - Joanna Munro
- Geoff Cooper - James Fleet
- Entropy Sirens are an ancient race, existing just after the creation of the universe.
- The Terileptis Event Horizon Fold is, according to the Doctor, the most magnificent sunrise in the area of space-time he and Nyssa are in.
- Other such "open submission" scripts can be found on Short Trips - Volume I and its successors.
- Nyssa refers to "The Entropy Composition" as the "music of the spheres", a name used by the Doctor to describe a different phenomenon in the mini-episode of that name.
- Mrs Moloney queries whether the Doctor is wearing a vegetable, to which he replies, "It's decorative" — thereby echoing the Tenth Doctor's assessment of the his fifth incarnation's celery. (TV: Time Crash)
- Nyssa is still thinking about her happy childhood on Traken. (AUDIO: The Demons of Red Lodge)
- Official The Demons of Red Lodge and Other Stories page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Demons of Red Lodge and other stories at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide