a real world point of view
|The Entropy Composition|
British estate of Geoff Cooper in 1968
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Richard Fox, Lauren Yason|
|Sound:||Richard Fox, Lauren Yason|
|Part of:||The Demons of Red Lodge and Other Stories|
|Release date:||December 2010|
|Format:||1 X 25 min.|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Demons of Red Lodge||Doing Time|
It was notable for being a rare example of a Big Finish audio which had been commissioned as a result of an open invitation for scripts. Writer Rick Briggs won out over about a thousand other submissions.
Publisher's summary Edit
A lost prog rock symphony is unearthed from the vaults – with catastrophic consequences for the entire cosmos.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Erisi - Andree Bernard
- Naloom - Ian Brooker
- Mrs Moloney - Joanna Munro
- Geoff Cooper - James Fleet
- Entropy Sirens are an ancient race, existing before the creation of the universe.
- The Terileptis Event Horizon Fold is the most magnificent sunrise in this area of space-time.
- The Doctor dislikes being referred to as "sweet."
- Andree Bernard (Erisi) previously played Dolly Bailey in TV: The Shakespeare Code.
- Other such "open submission" scripts can be found on Short Trips: Volume 1 and its successors.
- Mrs Moloney queries whether the Doctor is wearing a vegetable, to which he replies, "It's decorative" — thereby echoing the Tenth Doctor's assessment of the his fifth incarnation's celery. (TV: Time Crash)
- Nyssa refers to "The Entropy Composition" as the "music of the spheres", giving a metatextual wink towards the mini-episode of the same name.
- Nyssa is still thinking about her happy childhood on Traken. (AUDIO: The Demons of Red Lodge)
- Official The Demons of Red Lodge and Other Stories page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Demons of Red Lodge and other stories at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide