The Extinction Event was the ninth Bernice Summerfield audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. Irving Braxiatel appears for the first time on audio, portrayed by Miles Richardson. The character of Irving Braxiatel had first appeared in the Virgin New Adventures novel Theatre of War. This story, written by Lance Parkin, is his first original Bernice Summerfield audio story; his novel Just War was adapted into an audio story of the same name for the first season of Bernice Summerfield stories by Jacqueline Rayner.
An exclusive auction house is offering the only known object to have survived the destruction of the planet Halstad.
Professor Bernice Summerfield goes with Irving Braxiatel to secure this unique object for the Braxiatel Collection. But this is not a straightforward sale -- there is a murderer on the loose, on the trail of whoever owns the Halstad Harp...
to be added
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Irving Braxiatel - Miles Richardson
- Davon - Alexis Kahn
- Hulver - Daniel Brennan
- Gulfrarg Ambassador - Mark Donovan
to be added
- This audio drama was recorded on 7 April 2000.
- This audio drama is the first to remove all the lyrics from the second version of the opening theme tune.
- Benny says that she was eight when her mother died, contradicting previous statements that she was seven at the time as stated in PROSE: Return of the Living Dad.
- Davon first called Braxiatel "Lord Cardinal Braxiatel" referring to his rank on Gallifrey before his exile in AUDIO: Pandora.