Publisher's summary Edit
Planet E9874 supports a developing civilisation known as the Tarl. The peaceful, technologically advanced Locoyuns are helping the Tarl develop rudimentary technology. What could be more innocent than that?
When the Doctor, Leela and K9 arrive, they find the delicate balance in the relationship between the two cultures reaching an unexpected crisis point. The spears are flying and the threat of all-out war is in the air.
The Doctor must use all his guile to tread a careful path with Tarl leader Ergu, while Leela and K9 discover an ancient power of unimaginable strength which threatens to tear the minds out of its victims.
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- K9 - John Leeson
- Trexa - Daisy Dunlop
- Calura - Jacqueline King
- Gethal - Hugh Ross
- Ergu - Tim Treloar
- This is the first appearance of the Exxilons in an audio story.
- Nicholas Briggs, author and self-proclaimed "World's Greatest Death to the Daleks Fan", wanted this story to explore the history of the Exxilons and have the flavour of adventure movies like King Solomon's Mines. (VOR 72)
- The Third Doctor previously encountered the Exxilons on their home planet Exxilon during a Dalek incursion. (TV: Death to the Daleks) During his seventh incarnation, the Doctor would later encounter the psychevore Huitzilin, partially created through mutation from an Exxilon device. (PROSE: The Left-Handed Hummingbird)
- K9 uses the term "Tellurian" to refer to humans. (TV: Carnival of Monsters, The Sun Makers, The Two Doctors)
- Leela refers to the Tesh. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor tells Ergu that the Great City of the Exxilons eventually destroyed its creators. (TV: Death to the Daleks)
- The Doctor notes that he saw the markings featured on the beacon in both a temple in Peru and the Great City. (TV: Death to the Daleks)